Originally Posted by Symko
I would like to pose a question to all S5 and RS5 owners the like. I currently own a B8 S4 but when I purchased it I did not realize how much my wife wanted an S5 (she currently drives an '11 Q7 SLine TFSI). I like the S5 but we test drove the RS5 last week and really loved the growl of the V8. For me, the only place where the RS lacks is in the torque department but it will still move really well, especially once it gets moving. The speed/acceleration addiction is mine and not the wife's. I know that the RS5 is a limited production vehicle but depending the time of purchase I have no issue getting a CPO'd RS if it is optioned to our liking.
So getting to my question to both parties, even though you own each vehicle respectively which would you prefer if they were both available and difference in price was not a factor?
Price is not that far off between the two which I could justify.
Thanks in advance,
2014 RS 5 Cabrio Owner and why I would go for the RS 5
1. 4.2 V8 | Possibly the last year for it as rumors have it moving to a 6.
2. RS 5 Sport Exhaust or the V8 with after market exhaust (Capristo favorite)
3. The car just keeps going faster and the low end torque is enough for me. (Life above 3000 RPMS is Fricken so fun!) Under 3000 and driving in Manual/Dynamic mode is still crazy fun.
4. For those who know... RS 5 is a special car and rare. Less depreciation...
Why not? ( i had to think hard...and didn't do that well)
1. women don't know what you have. It might as well be an A5. Unless you have the cabrio... then they like it anyhow.
Guys howevr will eye f@$K you car....
2. Two Words Gas Mileage.
Can you tell I'm biased.?