Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Shock and disbelief as I watch the valet parking attendant wreck my S5

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Shock and disbelief as I watch the valet parking attendant wreck my S5

So we went to see a show today in Dallas, and as I've done many times I asked the valet attendant to park my car close so I could make a quick exit after the show was over. I watched in disbelief as he went into too tight a space and plowed into a cement bench. I was just wishing I could take that moment back. Now I'm going through the whole process of getting it fixed. I am leaning toward using the body shop for Audi Dallas, where I leased the car, but if anyone has any other recommendations in Dallas I'm open.
Attached Images  
Old 05-01-2016, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I am sorry of the hassle...

… but from my perspective, this is straightforward - you have a lease, it was the attendant's fault - use the Audi service and then you can be assured of not being dinged when you return car at lease end. Plus, you get a free Audi rental while they repair :-)
Old 05-01-2016, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Agreed.

Sorry to hear about your baby being damaged. Nothing worse for a car enthusiast. Hope it's sorted quickly and easily for you!
Old 05-02-2016, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, the humanity... I can barely even imagine the horror of watching that happen.

Yes, 100% in favor of an Audi dealers bodyshop taking care of things. Should be 100% picked up by their insurance. I'm not familiar with Dallas shops, but unless they are going to kickback a bunch... go with where you leased it.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eric strauss
… but from my perspective, this is straightforward - you have a lease, it was the attendant's fault - use the Audi service and then you can be assured of not being dinged when you return car at lease end. Plus, you get a free Audi rental while they repair :-)
agreed, take it to Audi and make the valet company pay full price. That's heartbreaking, one more reason I never valet.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry for your horror story! I used this link to find an Audi authorized collision center when I got side swiped last summer: https://www.audiusa.com/help/collision-repair , but as others have said, sync up with your dealer on this.

Good luck!
-DJ
Old 05-02-2016, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Thanks, everyone, for your replies. Oddly enough, Audi Dallas uses a collision center that goes under the website, Goodson Acura. In any case, my insurance covers a rental car. State Farm has been fantastic. They have already been in touch with the valet management company, who have agreed to pay for everything.

I did feel bad for the kid that did this. It was his first day on the job. He just didn't know the layout of the place and was trying to park it as close to the front as he could, not realizing a cement bench was on his left side. I'm sure he had a worse day than I did.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I did feel bad for the kid that did this. It was his first day on the job. ...... I'm sure he had a worse day than I did.
Humanely said...
Old 05-04-2016, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gawd I can't even imagine watching someone else hurt my car. I was crushed when I got some road rash on my rim, friggin parking garages, and had to have it repowder coated.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Thanks, everyone, for your replies. Oddly enough, Audi Dallas uses a collision center that goes under the website, Goodson Acura. In any case, my insurance covers a rental car. State Farm has been fantastic. They have already been in touch with the valet management company, who have agreed to pay for everything.

I did feel bad for the kid that did this. It was his first day on the job. He just didn't know the layout of the place and was trying to park it as close to the front as he could, not realizing a cement bench was on his left side. I'm sure he had a worse day than I did.
Well played. I only hope to have as much patience and compassion as you if it were to happen to me.