Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Show off you car

Old 04-21-2015, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I'm a silver fan, as you can see, and that Prism Silver with the Optik wheels is really sharp!
Thanks. I was planning on Daytona Gray until I saw the Prism and then there was no going back. Plus, it always looks clean!
Old 04-22-2015, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default New 2015 S5

Daytona Gray, Magma Red, Sport Wheels, Black Optics
Old 04-22-2015, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikejaeggi
how do you get the Audi LED lights? that's cool
installed this weekend, they are cool. thanks.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You really can't go wrong...

Originally Posted by Gator96
Hello everyone. First post in this forum. I'm a long time BMW owner thinking of buying a new A5 or S5 but leaning towards the S5. Part self-serving and part something I always enjoyed in the BMW forums is sometimes there is a thread where everyone posts photos of their ride. I always enjoyed looking at the different color combos people choose and what mods they add. So what color did you choose and show off your car?
Welcome to the sight. My wife and I currently have an S4 and an RS5, but also recently two other S5's. We have loved them all and use them with spirit in the mountains surrounding Los Angeles. The Z-rated rubber lasts us about 10K miles, but the fun is addictive. Below are two shots. One of the Grey S5 and Estoril Blue S4 together and also a pic of the new RS5. I have been a BMW owner as well back in the E36 era. The new 335/M4 duo are quite capable. Both marques offer great clubs that are definitely worth joining as they offer discounts, support and fun events. It is my humble opinion that the S5 is worth the extra commitment over the A5… It's not that the 2.0 Liter Turbo is not sufficient as it pulls strongly from the lowest part of the rev range. The challenge is outfitting the car for aggressive driving. The sport suspension on the A5 lacks the S5 brakes and in a previous A4 cabriolet with sport package, we seriously overtaxed the brakes on aggressive mountain drives. So, by the time you do a brake upgrade and also an aftermarket exhaust on an A5, you are close to an S5.

Happy Motoring

Eric
Attached Images   
Old 04-25-2015, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by eric strauss
Welcome to the sight. My wife and I currently have an S4 and an RS5, but also recently two other S5's. We have loved them all and use them with spirit in the mountains surrounding Los Angeles. The Z-rated rubber lasts us about 10K miles, but the fun is addictive. Below are two shots. One of the Grey S5 and Estoril Blue S4 together and also a pic of the new RS5. I have been a BMW owner as well back in the E36 era. The new 335/M4 duo are quite capable. Both marques offer great clubs that are definitely worth joining as they offer discounts, support and fun events. It is my humble opinion that the S5 is worth the extra commitment over the A5… It's not that the 2.0 Liter Turbo is not sufficient as it pulls strongly from the lowest part of the rev range. The challenge is outfitting the car for aggressive driving. The sport suspension on the A5 lacks the S5 brakes and in a previous A4 cabriolet with sport package, we seriously overtaxed the brakes on aggressive mountain drives. So, by the time you do a brake upgrade and also an aftermarket exhaust on an A5, you are close to an S5.

Happy Motoring

Eric
Your RS5 looks bad-***.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default S-Line A5

Here is my 2015 ibis White A5, it has the Competition S-line package, Black Optic, and I have added dual exhaust with the quad-tips, S5 rear valance and some exterior minor changes. Also, the car comes with the aluminum trim brake and gas pedal, like the S5, but I had to add the left foot dead pedal.
Attached Images     
Old 04-26-2015, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

You all own my dream car... one day... some day soon!
Old 04-26-2015, 11:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Here is my baby, just got it yesterday😄
Old 04-27-2015, 10:27 AM
jgd
Banned

Default black badges/emblems

I swapped out the rings in front and back, and the back RS5 to gloss black to match black optic trim. I got them at audibadges.com. I think it looks good, any comments?
Attached Images   
Old 04-27-2015, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default nice look!

Originally Posted by jgd
I swapped out the rings in front and back, and the back RS5 to gloss black to match black optic trim. I got them at audibadges.com. I think it looks good, any comments?
I think it looks great with that subtle change... how easy was the front ring swap? I have been going back and forth on doing the same...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Show off you car