Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Unhappy RS5 owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 10:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unhappy RS5 owner

I have bought my 2015 RS5 Cabrio in April 2015. No issues until I went back to the dealer in November for the first maintenance at 8,000km.

They then told me they thought there was a oil leak and they asked me to come back in a month. Went back December 2nd and left the car for one week. Also asked them to check my driver window as it was shaking when slightly open and also was not adjusting when it was colder outside. This means that in the cabrio, when you open the door, the window goes down so that it comes back up under the soft top when you close the door.

When I picked the car up one week later, they told me they had found a leak in a transmission seal and changed the seal. Also the window issue was solved. When I picked the car, it had 180km more on it than when I left it, and no gas left. Went to gas it, and I noticed a burning smell. The next week, the window also did not work on a cold day so had to drive for 30 minutes with the door slightly open.

I have been trying to reach the dealer since but no one has returned my call yet. Still have problem with the window even if I tried WD-40, still smell the burning from time to time and still don't understand why it took 180km to see a leak from a transmission seal.

Anyone had these issues ? Cannot believe I am having these issues with a brand new car of supposedly the highest quality !!

Thanks for your help,
Old 01-13-2016, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry to hear about your experience with your nearly new RS5.

If you do a search in this forum and others, you'll find that some RS5 owners have encountered similar tranny oil leaks. Not sure if the actual leak is the same issue as your RS5.

As for the door window issue you are having, I believe it is related to this issue on Frosted Windows currently being discussed in another thread.

For the burning smell, does it smell like burning oil? If so, it might be droplets of oil that found its way on the surface of, say, the exhaust manifold or pipe. These should quickly burn off over time. However, if the smell persists, have the dealership check your car for more leaks.

The mileage your car incurred while it is in the shop is unacceptable. A test drive that incurs, say, 25 kms to 30 kms sounds reasonable but 180kms is just too much. I suggest that you call and write a letter to the Service Manager and ask for an explanation.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

what a terrible experience, sorry you went through that. that mileage is way too much and for the dealership not to return your call is totally unacceptable. I would call the service manager directly, they owe you something for this hassle.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry to hear about the dramas with your car.

Agree with the above - 180kms added to your vehicle while in at service is totally unacceptable and IMO it should not have been driven any more than 30 odd kms.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

sounds more like a "dealer" issue that an RS5 issue...
Old 01-13-2016, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sorry to hear about your troubles...

The RS5 can be finicky, but the dealer is your real issue. Other folks have suggested calling the Service Manager - I concur.

Please keep us posted…

Eric
Old 01-13-2016, 05:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Today, I decided to write to them and I got a call 20 minutes later !

Service manager told me that multiple road tests were required as the issue was hard to find, each time they had to drive enough so the engine came to the right temp.

For the window, they will put A product in and leave me a can of it to apply on the rubber on each door. This should fix it. They will also tighten the windows.

For the burning smell, they will check that there is no cleaner residue.

They will come to my office, pick the car up and loan me one. I will see how that goes and let you know.

Thanks for all your comments.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Call your Service Advisors boss! i found Audi service advisors very limited on training. I went and asked what was involved in a 55 k service and that person had no clue. he had to go and lookup old invoices to see what was done.
T
Old 01-14-2016, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Find another dealer. You might also consider invoking lemon law.

Originally Posted by jetRS5
Today, I decided to write to them and I got a call 20 minutes later !

Service manager told me that multiple road tests were required as the issue was hard to find, each time they had to drive enough so the engine came to the right temp.

For the window, they will put A product in and leave me a can of it to apply on the rubber on each door. This should fix it. They will also tighten the windows.

For the burning smell, they will check that there is no cleaner residue.

They will come to my office, pick the car up and loan me one. I will see how that goes and let you know.

Thanks for all your comments.
If your state has one. A lawyer might be involved beyond that.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just want to let you know that the dealer came to my office to pick up the car and checked it throroughly for the problems and brought it back the next day in exchange for a demo car he left me.

He explained that they had to do multiple road tests as the problem was hard to find and they had to bring the engine in temp each time, therefore the number of kilometers. They checked the windows and applied a product preventing them to freeze, also gave me a bottle of the stuff I should apply once a year.

The burning smell was caused by leftover cleaner on the engine which they removed.

I am now happy again, still wonder about the number of kilometers, but will let it pass for now.

Thanks for the comments.

Quick Reply: Unhappy RS5 owner