Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2014, 06:02 PM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 271701

Default Vehicle Wrap Question

I have heard several people talking about wrapping the front end of their car. Can you provide feedback on your experience preferably with an A5/ S5/ RS5 and how much did you pay?
*RINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:26 PM   #2
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 145369

Send a message via MSN to mokotoy

You talking about clear bra of the front bumper?
Old 08-26-2014, 01:31 AM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 105814

I had it done to my RS5 with XPel Ultimate. Entire hood, front fenders front bumper area and the mirrors. It was around $1200. It is my daily driver, so it's money well spent.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:51 AM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokotoy View Post
You talking about clear bra of the front bumper?
Yes, I saw an R8 getting it done when I picked up my car. I am curious about fading, washing, waxing, feel and how does it look after a couple years? How easy is it to take off in the future.

Last question - did you do entire car or just the hood, fenders and front bumper.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:13 AM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member

I didn't do the whole car. The entire hood, front fenders and front end (except for the grill work). I can't tell you about fading as the car is only a couple of months old, but the Expel Ultimate has a 10 year warranty I believe, which includes labor. I wash it and wax it. It has a different feel than the unwrapped areas. It is plastic. You can't tell that it is on the car by looking at it. My RS5 is Panther Black Crystal, which has different coloring effects in the sunlight. Those effects are the same in the wrapped areas as they are in the unwrapped.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:28 AM   #6
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 145369

Send a message via MSN to mokotoy
Default Car Wrap & Tint

Quote:
Originally Posted by *RINGS View Post
Yes, I saw an R8 getting it done when I picked up my car. I am curious about fading, washing, waxing, feel and how does it look after a couple years? How easy is it to take off in the future.

Last question - did you do entire car or just the hood, fenders and front bumper.
I get my car next week and i'll be getting the clear bra and full tint. I got a package deal:

For the 24 inch coverage on the hood and fenders, bumper, door cups, door edges and mirrors, plus the tint and the windshield tint = $950.00.

For the same thing plus the headlamps, fog lamps and luggage piece = $1125.00.

It'll be the Xpel Ultimate wrap. It's supposed to be "self healing". I'll let you know how well that goes.

my friend's wrap had bird **** ate through it. I don't know what brand he used or whether he waxed it or not.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:34 AM   #7
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you for the information. Can you send a few pictures?
Old 08-28-2014, 12:55 AM   #8
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
Thank you for the information. Can you send a few pictures?
I'm out of town, so I don't have access to the car. Anyway, pictures wouldn't help you as you won't be able to see the wrap. I can send some when I get back.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:34 PM   #9
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 276272

Default Full car wrap

Quote:
I have heard several people talking about wrapping the front end of their car. Can you provide feedback on your experience preferably with an A5/ S5/ RS5 and how much did you pay?
I had my entire 2014 S5 wrapped in XPel Ultimate...wanted to keep all the Misano Red pristine! TVP in Raleigh, NC (Clear Bra - 3M Paint Protection Film - Window Tinting | Serving Raleigh, NC AreaTotal Vehicle Preparation) did it earlier this year and it cost $2800. It took 1.5 days for prep and application and it turned out great. TVP recommended McGuire NXT wax, not the XPel product, to keep it in top shape. I highly recommend doing as much as you can afford.

'14 S5, Prestige, S-tronic, Sport Dif, Misano Red, Black Optics
'14 Q5, Plus, Sport seats...needed a winter car
Red5-SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:00 PM   #10
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 273475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5-SB View Post
I had my entire 2014 S5 wrapped in XPel Ultimate...wanted to keep all the Misano Red pristine! TVP in Raleigh, NC (Clear Bra - 3M Paint Protection Film - Window Tinting | Serving Raleigh, NC AreaTotal Vehicle Preparation) did it earlier this year and it cost $2800. It took 1.5 days for prep and application and it turned out great. TVP recommended McGuire NXT wax, not the XPel product, to keep it in top shape. I highly recommend doing as much as you can afford.
how does it look with missano red? I balked at getting mine done as I worried it would detract from the pearl effect of the paint in direct sun light.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement