Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Voice command in the S5 Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdog470
I bought the new S5 Cabriolet in Aug. 2009. Signed contract for Prestige model with the MMI system because I wanted voice command for the phone, navigation and audio. Car delivered on Friday, 13 Nov. (in the rain!) I was advised by the sales rep at time of delivery the there is "limited use of voice command in the cab" What that really means is that there is NO voice command in the cab. The dealership says that they didn't know it until the car arrived. I have a signed contract for this option. The Audi brochure on the A5/S5 cabriolet clearly stated that it is a part of the MMI system.

I contacted Audi Customer care in Michigan to complain and to ask that this voice activation be activated. They say they cannot (will not) do it.

I am very annoyed with Audi of America for deceiving me. BMW, Mercedes, Infiniti and Lexus all have voice command in their convertibles. This is my 5th, and most expensive Audi. I want what I paid for.

Is there anyone else out there who bought a 2010 A5/S5 cabriolet who is as angry as I am?

when i first bought the car. I cited the fact that the owners manual states that the vehicle has voice command and that not having it was consumer fraud and i want a credit back. they offered me a 500 credit toward future service or an audi care package. I then went out and bought the vag com cable, activated the voice command and went to the dealer for my free audi care service for four years and they never detected that i had been inside the cars comtrol panel. so that voiding your warranty stuff is nonsense. after all they want you to come back and buy another care. Plus the dealer loves warranty repairs they rip off audi of america instead of you!
Old 07-06-2015, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tifosi
This feature is de-activated for NA market for unknown reason. There is nothing third party about it. It can be easily activated via Vag Com and there is nothing new about this.

the dealer is talking about an add on hardware/softwre product not about activating what is already built into the car