Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Wifi not working - S5

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 07:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wifi not working - S5

Hello, this is my first post. I have a 2014 S5 and the wifi is not working. Wondering if anyone has had this issue and how to fix.

Thank you
Houston, TX
Old 11-16-2014, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Remove the SIM card and reinsert it.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

You need to be a bit more specific. What about the Wifi isn't working? Does your device see the Wifi? Does it connect to the Wifi, but then you don't get any data? Or what exactly is the issue?
Old 11-17-2014, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

A more basic question that may answer the OP; our cars have Wi-Fi? Haven't made it through the owner's manual...

Last edited by lyleswk; 11-17-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by lyleswk
A more basic question that may answer the OP; our cars have Wi-Fi? Haven't made it through the owner's manual...
Yes, they do. The MMI has a built in Wifi hotspot. You can connect up to 8 devices and access the Internet over the car's mobile 3G connection.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
You need to be a bit more specific. What about the Wifi isn't working? Does your device see the Wifi? Does it connect to the Wifi, but then you don't get any data? Or what exactly is the issue?
Hi, thank you for the response. While I am not too familiar with the wifi I can say that one of the features that does not work is the search function. For example, if I wanted to find a cafe near me. The error message is "POI online search could not establish a data connection".

Maybe I will try the suggestion to remove the SIMM.

Thank you

Sorry for my tardy reply. I thought I would get a notification of a response and I don't believe I did or maybe I missed it.

I would attach a pic of the error but it seems like this function is jot available from the phone.

Thank you
Old 11-17-2014, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Pdvsa
Hi, thank you for the response. While I am not too familiar with the wifi I can say that one of the features that does not work is the search function. For example, if I wanted to find a cafe near me. The error message is "POI online search could not establish a data connection".

Maybe I will try the suggestion to remove the SIMM.

Thank you

Sorry for my tardy reply. I thought I would get a notification of a response and I don't believe I did or maybe I missed it.

I would attach a pic of the error but it seems like this function is jot available from the phone.

Thank you
Ah, I see. Well, that's not the WiFi at all. This is the car's mobile broadband connection being on the fritz. Happens sometimes and the solution is to pull the SIM wait a few seconds and put it back in.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Broadband

Originally Posted by superswiss
Ah, I see. Well, that's not the WiFi at all. This is the car's mobile broadband connection being on the fritz. Happens sometimes and the solution is to pull the SIM wait a few seconds and put it back in.
Hello... Thanks for the response. I did try to remove the SIMM and also disconnected the Bluetooth on the phone just in case there is a conflict. I continue to get the POI can not connect. The road navigation does work though but it's just the POI (point of interest) not working.

Let me know what you think
Old 11-18-2014, 04:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 3G

The 3G connection is connected with 4out of 5 bars.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Error msg

Here is the error msg.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Wifi not working - S5