Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2014 Audi A5 Caractere Kit ordered

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Caractere rear diffuser with new exhaust and tail pipes

Black gloss painted rear diffuser with new exhaust and tail pipes.

Name:  TPB1.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  41.9 KB
Old 04-07-2015, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the front the bottom lip, is it all one piece like a non sline bumper or do the verticals screw in like the do on an S-line bumper??
Old 04-09-2015, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

its all 1 piece
Old 04-13-2015, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by tr3ndsetr
its all 1 piece
Alright thanks. I was looking at taking out the center vertical to do a show n go type plate holder that way didnt need it exposed all the time. guess I will have to cut it out when i do it.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by wxsgt
Alright thanks. I was looking at taking out the center vertical to do a show n go type plate holder that way didnt need it exposed all the time. guess I will have to cut it out when i do it.
Yes I looked into that and was about to do that, just never got back to doing it again. You can easily cut one of the center pieces, and fold the plate under. Def doable.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Finally!

Finally I found someone who done a caractere conversion! Do bear that I have quite a few questions for you!

Okay firstly, is your a5 a standard non s line? Because I have a non s line coupe and I am wondering if the caractere front and rear body kit will fit.

Does the exhaust have any change in sound when you changed to caractere exhaust tip? And does it come with a whole different rear bumper?

Does the front bumper have any parking sensor? Because mine has front parking sensor and I would like to keep it on after I convert too.

Thank you. Really like the new caractere look!
Old 02-12-2016, 02:51 AM
PAB
AudiWorld Newcomer

What's the pricing on the whole kit?
Old 02-15-2016, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default caractere on Audi A5 Facelift

Originally Posted by ironman9
Finally I found someone who done a caractere conversion! Do bear that I have quite a few questions for you!

Okay firstly, is your a5 a standard non s line? Because I have a non s line coupe and I am wondering if the caractere front and rear body kit will fit.

Does the exhaust have any change in sound when you changed to caractere exhaust tip? And does it come with a whole different rear bumper?

Does the front bumper have any parking sensor? Because mine has front parking sensor and I would like to keep it on after I convert too.

Thank you. Really like the new caractere look!
Sorry for delay, Im travelling thru Asia right now, and connection is weak.
Pls bare with. I will scan the literature which include all the peices included in the kit when i return home, but wont be for another 3 weeks or so.

1. Yes my car Non-S. The kit has a front bumper which will fit both S-line and Non, but i think the S-Line version was more expensive.

2. Barely noticeable change in tune, there is something, but not much. Thats def not their selling point.

3. I did not purchase the side skirts, instead I went Audi competition door blades, which I liked better.

4. The Rear. First of, it not a bumper, just a black ABS diffuser with cutouts to accommodate the tail pipes. The exhaust is by Magnaflow, and square tail pipes are attached on. At the time I really liked the rear look, but in my opinion a little overpriced.

5. There are various cut outs to accommodate parking sensors on front bumper, Front bumper also comes with set of fog lamps.

I added a 2" coil over with RS4 rims, and the finished package looks great.

I think the entire kit came to $3K+ with delivery. I believe it was shipped from Belgium to a distributor in LA who then forwarded the kit to me. They charged about $500 for shipping. I paid $800 for paint and installation to my local bodyshop here in NJ.

Let me know if u have any other questions.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PAB
What's the pricing on the whole kit?
Rear kit 2099-2399 depending if s-line
Front 1699
shipping $500

Delivery took approx 4 weeks

Contact Hambik Bandari

Claus Ettensberger Corporation
10349 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Phone: 310.203.3900 x103 | Fax: 310.203.3909
Old 02-15-2016, 11:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by tr3ndsetr
Sorry for delay, Im travelling thru Asia right now, and connection is weak.
Pls bare with. I will scan the literature which include all the peices included in the kit when i return home, but wont be for another 3 weeks or so.

1. Yes my car Non-S. The kit has a front bumper which will fit both S-line and Non, but i think the S-Line version was more expensive.

2. Barely noticeable change in tune, there is something, but not much. Thats def not their selling point.

3. I did not purchase the side skirts, instead I went Audi competition door blades, which I liked better.

4. The Rear. First of, it not a bumper, just a black ABS diffuser with cutouts to accommodate the tail pipes. The exhaust is by Magnaflow, and square tail pipes are attached on. At the time I really liked the rear look, but in my opinion a little overpriced.

5. There are various cut outs to accommodate parking sensors on front bumper, Front bumper also comes with set of fog lamps.

I added a 2" coil over with RS4 rims, and the finished package looks great.

I think the entire kit came to $3K+ with delivery. I believe it was shipped from Belgium to a distributor in LA who then forwarded the kit to me. They charged about $500 for shipping. I paid $800 for paint and installation to my local bodyshop here in NJ.

Let me know if u have any other questions.
Thank you so much for your reply. really really appreciate it. I came across Europrice.us and I found the Audi A5 S Line Competition plus front and rear bumper. Personally, I would prefer that over the Caractere bodykit but given that you said the price is around $3k above, the Caractere is way cheaper.

I am from South East Asia, so I am pretty sure the shipping is going to cost a bomb for me either way.

Quick Reply: 2014 Audi A5 Caractere Kit ordered