Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Blue tooth for music??

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bluetooth works just fine, be aware of volume being controlled by phone as well if it sounds quiet.

If you don't see it under media you need to go into the settings and enable it. For some reason in mine Bluetooth audio was not enabled. Can also use the plug in the glove box.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just want to pipe in and state that my 2013 A5 does not allow bluetooth streaming without a cable (Iphone music, or streaming like Pandora). Its the biggest drawback of these cars. I think, if the car has OEM Navigation, then it also MAY include bluetooth streaming. My Premium Plus A5 does not have NAV, or Bluetooth audio. Just an FYI.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW, my 2013 A5 does have bluetooth (also NAV). Also have an old iPod touch hooked up in the glovebox.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

As I don't have the car yet but I did confirm with the dealer that blue tooth for audio does exist for what I am looking for. The dealer confirmed he has 2 S5 Technic coming off lease soon. Not sure if they are 14s or 15s but one is black on black and the other is Daytona grey on black. I will post the details of both when they get them in. Then decision time. Really looking forward to posting on here with a car I actually own. This site has been very helpful learning the details.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by myowdeeA5
I just want to pipe in and state that my 2013 A5 does not allow bluetooth streaming without a cable (Iphone music, or streaming like Pandora). Its the biggest drawback of these cars. I think, if the car has OEM Navigation, then it also MAY include bluetooth streaming. My Premium Plus A5 does not have NAV, or Bluetooth audio. Just an FYI.
I find this hard to believe, but I also have a 2013 A5 Coupe Premium Plus that I just bought and for the life of me I have not been able to figure out how to stream music from my iPhone 5s. I can pair the phone with the car but only for making phone calls. When I start playing music from my iPhone though, it does not come through the bluetooth connection and car speakers. Regardless of whether I play from Apple Music or Amazon Music the audio only comes through the phone.

Can someone please explain to me how to set this up? In detail???
The following users liked this post:
mmbc (11-27-2023)
Old 03-14-2017, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Lurker

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got my 2013 a couple weeks ago. I had to drive from Omaha to Denver to get it. The dealer told me that I couldn't stream music from my phone. From what I'm hearing here, that only applies to iPhones. I connected my Galaxy S5 (interesting that my phone and my car are both S5s!) and listened to music from it all the way home.

Android FTW!
Old 03-14-2017, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Different years have different capabilities. Our 2011 Q7 will connect to iPhones via Bluetooth for phone calls and Google or Apple Navigation but will not stream music. On our 2015 S5 we CAN. There are a couple of choices in MMI settings that have to be done correctly. One under telephone Bluetooth choose device and one under media choose device. I wish I remembered more clearly but I tend to just feel my way through these things rather than memorizing details.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just tested streaming in my '14 S5 with MMI and Pandora worked fine, showing track info and everything via BlueTooth.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Boogie777
Just tested streaming in my '14 S5 with MMI and Pandora worked fine, showing track info and everything via BlueTooth.
Taking my vehicle to Audi dealer to see what they say. Will report back.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Be sure to check that Bluetooth Music Player is enabled

Originally Posted by leoaudia5
Taking my vehicle to Audi dealer to see what they say. Will report back.
As I recall this stumped me and my sales guy when I picked mine up as we couldn't get BT music to work. We had to go into the media settings an enable BT music player - or something like that. Then it all worked as expected.

I'm sure I can find the exact setting if I go and dig through the menu a bit.

Quick Reply: Blue tooth for music??