Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Did you know about the Carista app?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 04:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be interested in Beta testing iOS version - I have Audi Q5, Lexus IS
Old 07-30-2014, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

what about resetting service reminders and adjusting the DRL intensity?
Old 08-03-2014, 03:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by wieRS5
Will be interesting. Now use an expensive VAGCOM cable with VCDS, but using it wireless with a smartphone/tablet would be great!

Have Android device(s) for testing (have long list of code changes I use).
Any news about this? Already have a BT ODBII adapter, so can not wait to test it!
Old 08-03-2014, 04:47 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool, thanks for the willingness to help, guys! We're not yet ready with a beta version that supports coding, but it's coming up very, very soon. Most likely this coming week. I'll post here when it's ready and I'll give you instructions on how to get the beta version.

About DRL intensity: that will be possible with coding. Service reminders: we're working on it; won't be in the initial beta.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have a 2008 s5 with bulb taillights, can this app code US rear signal lights to EU spec signal light? US has the whole brake light blinking while EU uses the clear corners for signaling. currently those corners are used as reverse lights.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

does the app also have a list of codes or an how-to guide for getting this going for noobies like myself?
Old 08-03-2014, 08:07 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by hosacans
I have a 2008 s5 with bulb taillights, can this app code US rear signal lights to EU spec signal light? US has the whole brake light blinking while EU uses the clear corners for signaling. currently those corners are used as reverse lights.
I don't know yet, but once we implement the coding options, I'll be able to tell you. If the car supports such coding, then Carista should be able to offer it as an option.

does the app also have a list of codes or an how-to guide for getting this going for noobies like myself?
Here's the best part: you don't need a how-to guide One of the key goals with this app was to provide the simplest and cleanest possible interface, such that any driver, without any technical training or know-how would be able to pick up the app and use it. Running diagnostics is a one-click action. Changing a settings requires 2 clicks to get into the list of settings and then 3 clicks for each setting change. That's it. Look at our screenshots in Google Play Store and you'll get the idea.

Also, once you're connected to your car, you can see all settings that are available for it BEFORE you purchase the Pro Package. So if you have the Bluetooth device, just go ahead and try it. If you don't, well, I recommend getting one of those devices anyway - they're useful for any driver and there are lots of apps that can do cool things with it even if you decide not to use Carista.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well, I have one of
these these
coming in from Amazon in an estimated 17 - 28 days, then I'll buy the app and reply to the thread. Has anyone used the app yet? How goes it?

And yeah, uh, 17-28 days of shipping. I think someone is walking it over from China (or wherever it is manufactured) hehehe
Old 08-09-2014, 10:56 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bilbo47
Well, I have one of these coming in from Amazon in an estimated 17 - 28 days, then I'll buy the app and reply to the thread. Has anyone used the app yet? How goes it?

And yeah, uh, 17-28 days of shipping. I think someone is walking it over from China (or wherever it is manufactured) hehehe
Damn, 17-28 days? Coulda gotten one from within Canada or the US for about the same price, I would think... Anyway, let us know how it goes. I'm available to help if you need any info or run into issues.

About whether it works... I'll let other forum members answer that. Also, check our reviews on Google Play Store.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

this requires security login to be able to access those channels.

Quick Reply: Did you know about the Carista app?