Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Help to pick right Exhaust for 2013 Audi RS5

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help to pick right Exhaust for 2013 Audi RS5

Hello members,

I hope you can help me to pick the right exhaust for my 2013 Audi RS5 with sports exhaust system package. I do like the sound of the Porsche 911 Turbo
stock exhaust. I have been reading and researched plus to Youtube videos. Here are the two exhaust system I'm currently looking at: Amytrix, Capristo, AWE, Milltek, SuperSprint. Which one would fit best and similar to the sound of the Porsche 911 Turbo? love to hear your feedback. please don't introduce another product to the thread as i'm trying to pinpoint the above list only.

My RS5 has flapper valves like the R8 that opens at a certain RPM and load condition. Exhaust sound changes immediately when put in OEM Dynamic mode. The downshift really barks as someone described it. The upshifts also roar in the upper RPM's.

other questions:
0. Which system is best for my car and still sound like 911 Turbo?
1. AWE have valve control and with remote control?
2. HMS have valve control with remote control?
3. Possible to replace the down pipes and center section and keep the stock muffler and still have the same experience with sound and gain horsepower?
4. Which system degraded of sound over time? and at which miles?
How much louder gain than the sports stock exhaust? For example, 25%, 50%, 100%?

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2017, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First off, consider your goals...

1. Noise - measured in decibels (db) - that is a logarithmic function - not linear. "100%" increase is only 3db...Sound is tricky - you don't want a drone while driving.

2. Engine layout and induction design of the Porsche Turbo is very different from the RS5: flat six/turbo induction versus V8/naturally aspirated. Much of the Porsche signature sound is, in fact, induction noise that is not reproducible in the V8

3. The total sound package in a car like the RS5 will come from manipulating both the exhaust and intake architecture.

I would start by chatting with the folks at ECS tuning. I live in LA and do my aftermarket through Eurocode in Torrance. There are some brutish exhaust systems out there for the RS5; Akrapovic, Capristo, MillTek, etc all make systems, with and without resonators. You can end of with a real sound storm, but it will not be Porsche-like.

I am sure others will hop in here…

Eric
Old 01-12-2017, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks Eric -

what are your thoughts on Supersprint, Kline, Milltek? those will fit within my budget and will do just fine but hard to decide which is the best out of three.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I have had good experiences with Milltek...

Originally Posted by kevhoang1
thanks Eric -

what are your thoughts on Supersprint, Kline, Milltek? those will fit within my budget and will do just fine but hard to decide which is the best out of three.
Which is not to say the others are not also good. Do you have a local tuning shop that can help you, because you are likely looking at induction systems as well, such as the Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake System?