Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Tracking Your Audi from Germany (At least to Rhode Island)

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Agree with Jericks....since there is no FedEx or UPS type of tracking, this is fun and exciting.

I actually used tracking as a geography lesson for my 5 year old. I printed off a world map and then labeled:

1. The factory at Neckarsulm
2. The port in Emden
3. North Sea
4. Atlantic Ocean
5. Halifax (ship's first port in North America)
6. Davisville Port
7. Cleveland. OH (where I picked the car up from)
8. Chattanooga, TN (where we drove home to)

As I used the dealer's info and the ship's info, my son and I would "update" the progress of the car on our map. We even took the map with us when we flew to Cleveland and the last update was when we arrived in our garage. He couldn't stop telling people about our project and would show the map to everybody who would come to our house.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an A7 coming and I just saw that the Camellia Ace has left the port in Davisville, Ri. The next rounds of deliveries are getting close!
Old 12-29-2011, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

just wanna say thanks to the OP, i followed all the steps and even just got off the phone with the shipping company, car will be at the dealership today! waiting for my SA to give me the call and delivery should be tomorrow!
Old 12-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

How did you find out who the shipping company is? Where is your car being delivered to? Did it just get to the port this week? Congratulations on your new car!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just found out my A4 is crossing the Atlantic on the Cougar Ace right now. It just went "dark" and out of range of the tracking web sites until it arrives into Halifax on 29 Jan 2012. I have to wait for eventual arrival into Houston TX on 7 Feb 2012. I'm in Washington State so I suppose a train trip will take another week. Maybe by the end on Feb I should have my car.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Indycanard
I just found out my A4 is crossing the Atlantic on the Cougar Ace right now. It just went "dark" and out of range of the tracking web sites until it arrives into Halifax on 29 Jan 2012. I have to wait for eventual arrival into Houston TX on 7 Feb 2012. I'm in Washington State so I suppose a train trip will take another week. Maybe by the end on Feb I should have my car.
Did you find out if your car was unloaded in Huston or San Diego to come up to WA state?
Old 06-10-2012, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 2011 BMW 335i for my wife was picked up in Munich, driven for two weeks and dropped off in Munich. I tracked it on the boat and into customs in Newark. It spent two weeks in customs. For my Audi S5 delivery in Ingolstadt on July 24, we will drive two weeks and drop off in Munich, at the same exact office where the BMW was dropped off.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

bump
Old 02-13-2013, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Bumping this thread because the OP posted great information.

Based on info received from my dealer (Ship Loaded ETA 2/8/2013, and Ship Loaded Actual 2/11/2013) I was able to determine that my car is on the ship "Bangkok Highway" which is going straight to Rhode Island with an arrival ETA of 2/21/2013.

This ship is currently out of range off the coast of Ireland, so I hope there are no delays getting to Port. I will speak with my SA on 2/22/2013 to check status and ask them to request Priority from Port, and will probably contact Norad myself to track via VIN. I have a lease expiring on 2/27/2013 and do not want to extend it (not Audi).

So thanks OP!
Old 03-24-2013, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by cha777
Ok....so you're excited. You ordered your new car that is coming from Ingolstadt or Neckarslum and coming to the Northeast/Midwest/Southeastern US. If you've done this with BMW before you know it's pretty simple but Audi make it a little harder. This is a guide based on my own experiences on how I was able to track delivery of my Audi S5 Cabriolet all the way to the dealership. Here are the steps:

1. Get the ETA "loaded on ship date" from your dealership. I haven't found resources to track between factory and Emden but it really doesn't matter.

2. Go to http://www.pwl.de, click on the English flag for English language. Click on "schedules" on the left and scroll to the bottom to Volkswagen Logistics. Click on the PDF file associated with Volkswagen Logistics. This brings-up a file that has the current schedule. Note the ship that corresponds with your loaded on ship date. Download the document because it changes regularly.

3. If, for the current example right now, the ETA is for your car to be loaded at Emden and arrive at Davisville port on August 10 and 22 respectively, you're car will travel on the Cougar Ace. My car came in on this ship. Follow this like and search Google for more amazing stories about what this ship went through in 2006.

4. Once you know which ship you're on, go to either marine traffic or vesseltracker.

5. Find out from your dealership when the car was loaded on the ship. Ensure that the dates have not changed (I was originally on the Cougar Ace, changed to Neptune Ace, and then changed back to Cougar Ace which is the ship that my car got sent on).

6. Start tracking the ship. You can track it until it's off the Irish coast or through the North Sea depending on its destination track. You can see the ship "reappear" again around Halifax. It will disappear between Halifax and Quonset Port in Davisville, RI. Remember, unless you pay mucho $$, you will get delayed positions so don't pound your head against the wall if you don't see the ship there the day that it is supposed to be there.

7. The ships can get delayed. Cougar Ace got delayed at Zeebruge and Halifax for a total of 3 days. Many of the RO-RO carries are owned by either Wallenius-Wilhelmsen, Hoegh Lines, or Mitsui OSK lines to name a few. WW lets you track by VIN number so you can actually track your car by VIN for free. The Cougar Ace is owned by Mitsui OSK which does not allow public VIN tracking, but if you know which ship you are on, you can track the schedule here.

8. Once the ship leaves Davisville, your car has (most likely....hopefully) been offloaded. Your car is now with Norad, Inc being processed at the port. All port-installed accessories are being installed, checks are being made, and it's getting loaded on truck or rail to get to the dealership. (I'll regret it everyday to Sunday, but a little birdie gave me a number to talk with somebody at the port office and track the car at this point by VIN for ETA to dealership but I was sworn to secrecy. If you can figure it out, you've done so on your own).

9. If your car is going to the Western side of the US, it's going to Houston or San Diego (from what I've gathered...not sure for certain). I have nothing else to say about that.

So for all you OCD people like me, you know how to track your car from Germany to the eastern US. Please feel free to add to the thread or ask questions.
Well Gentlemen,

I am new to this forum and had to give Cha77 his credit for outstanding research. I have ordered a Phantom Black RS5 that I just received the VIN # from my SA and a printout of the order with ETA for delivery. I used CHA777 info and have been tracking one ship the Bangkok Highway that is currently in EMDEN Germany picking up cars.
The VW Logistics log shows this ship to be in the Houston port on the way back to the states. My order states the car will be here April 16 at the port of Houston, so I am tracking this ship.

Thanks again to CHA777 for his awesomeness. I will be trading in my S5 for my new baby, but oh how I love my S5.

Quick Reply: Tracking Your Audi from Germany (At least to Rhode Island)