Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2018 B9 A5 & S5 Coupe, Sportback, and Cabriolet Configurator

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 08:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
The A5 Sportback technology/engine is virtually identical to the A4, as is the chassis.
It is all the shared components and technology keeping me hopeful that the A5 Sportback is comparably priced to the B9 A4. I had my eyes on the A4 since first learning of it but the A5 Sportback just looks so much better I don't think I'd be happy 'settling' for the A4 only because it could be less expensive.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I won't be surprised if the A5 Sportback pricing will cost a bit more than the A4 to start. Audi sells a whole lot more A4's compared to the 5-series. If the A5 proves to be a home-run winner and it reaches a certain sales volume, I won't be surprised if we see a price reduction on it.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by plat27265
I won't be surprised if the A5 Sportback pricing will cost a bit more than the A4 to start. Audi sells a whole lot more A4's compared to the 5-series. If the A5 proves to be a home-run winner and it reaches a certain sales volume, I won't be surprised if we see a price reduction on it.
Agreed. For some reason, I think the Sportback will have a higher MSRP. Maybe $5k more? Not sure. The A5 Coupe has always been priced higher than the A4 Sedan because it is more of niche model. If you look at BMW, I think they price the 4 Series Gran Coupe higher than the 3 Series, and I believe they share the same engine, platform, etc. Also, look at the Audi A6 and A7. Basically the same car, different body style = more expensive for the A7.

Last edited by dseag2; 01-23-2017 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

The A5 Sportback is an A5 Coupé with a longer wheel base, two extra doors, and a hatchback rather than a trunk lid. Yet Audi charge almost exactly the same price for it as they do the coupé. Always have done so, everywhere around the world that they have sold the Sportback, in the B8 version and now also in the B9 version. Bargain!

I doubt they are going to do anything different in NA. So same price as A5/S5 Coupé.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Spoke with a local deal rep and he said the word so far is the A5 Sportback will be about $3k higher than the base A4 Quattro, about $42,000 he is hearing. How that will translate up into the higher packages is unknown. I hope it doesn't throw the Prestige outside of my budget or I'm gonna be quite disappointed to say the least.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

In Canada, the A5 Sportback is exactly the same price as the Coupe and it is $ 5,000.00 Can. more than the A4.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Does anybody has the Canadian order guide for the Sportback?

It would make it easier to see the differences between the different trim levels...

Too bad we need to buy the fully loaded model in order to get the Bang & Olufsen since it is not an individual option in Canada.

Virtual cockpit looks nice, but it is basically only a fancy GPS and what is the use of a GPS without traffic info. Audi connect seems to be crap in Canada... Traffic info is only available as an option on the horrible sounding satellite radio. Not going to pay $25 a month for traffic when my Garmin gets it for free over the air...

I had decided to stay away from Audi after the rusting problem of my B8. I don't like the new A4 since it just looks like a large A3, especially with its refreshed look. But the Sportback is just too nice to resist!

Audi had announced that they would not bring the Sportback to Canada last year. Good that they changed their minds. I went to the Montreal car show earlier this week. They had the Q5 and the 3 versions of the A5 on a stage, but they would not allow to get close, because they are not available in dealerships yet :-(
Old 02-12-2017, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Freak
Does anybody has the Canadian order guide for the Sportback?
I should have the S5 Sportback order guide soon. I will post it here.
I will try to get the A5 order guide with it.
I have ordered an S4 a couple months ago but after hearing the sportback would be coming to Canada I partly regreted my choice... I went to me dealer and asked if I could order the S5 sportback and to my surprise there is no problem and I could do it. So now I have two cars on order, since the S4 still has to be built and shipped...
The only bad thing about it is the waiting time. My S5 Sportback should arrive this coming spring. No real date as of yet.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

^^

I think you will find the S5 SB a little easier for loading the trunk with all the many things needed to transport the new young family.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Glisse
^^

I think you will find the S5 SB a little easier for loading the trunk with all the many things needed to transport the new young family.
Yes. That's an argument that made it easier to convince my girlfriend with my decision to switch my command. Haha

Quick Reply: 2018 B9 A5 & S5 Coupe, Sportback, and Cabriolet Configurator