Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

S5 Sportback Delivered

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 01:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice. Congratulations. I am waiting for mine.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by bbbobbb
Wow, excellent choices were made here! Very nice.

That little spoiler on the trunk lid, is that body colored or carbon fiber?
Thanks! Trunk lid spoiler is body coloured, shadow makes it look darker. Audi do have a carbon one in their accessories parts catalogue.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

That looks great. Great job on the color combo. Black optics I think is a must on the S4/S5.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just went on the Canadian configurator and saw Moonlight Blue is one of the options! That was one of the meanest looking colors on the outgoing S6. It's going to be a tough choice between Moonlight Blue and Manhattan Grey.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by acturater
I just went on the Canadian configurator and saw Moonlight Blue is one of the options! That was one of the meanest looking colors on the outgoing S6. It's going to be a tough choice between Moonlight Blue and Manhattan Grey.
I like it too, and was on the verge of ordering an S6 a year ago but I find the suspension set up just too soft as much as I have a thing for V8s. Plus I had been driving a C7 model for 6 years so perhaps time for a change. And a smaller car.

But you will find that Moonlight Blue is an A5 colour, and would need to be ordered as an Exclusive colour for the S5 variant if that is the version you are interested in.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Again, absolutely stunning, and based on your pics I have finally made peace with the front end. It works well on the SB. Congratulations!
Old 03-12-2017, 09:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

absolutely gorgeous! that black optics package really sets it off.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stankia
Really like the rear quarter panel. It looks so wide almost like an Aston.
Kind of looks like a smaller version of the A7/S7. Saw an Audi reps A5 coupe on Friday while getting oil/filer & tire rotation. Really like what they've done with the interior and the hood goes all the way to the front fenders.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

That red looks spectacular (magma?) The red I saw on an S4 at the Toronto auto show was more maroon red - I assumed it was magma as I do not think they offer multiple red seat options. You are making me reconsider my seat color, hmm....

Originally Posted by Glisse
And one interior...

Old 03-13-2017, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Audphile
Kind of looks like a smaller version of the A7/S7. Saw an Audi reps A5 coupe on Friday while getting oil/filer & tire rotation. Really like what they've done with the interior and the hood goes all the way to the front fenders.
Even though the car had been really well prepared by the dealer (best I've ever had), I still had to go through my routine of cleaning any wax off and reapplying today (Swissvax, of course). I always apply wax with my palms and fingers, so get to fondle every inch of the car.

I hadn't appreciated that hood fitment until I did this. The way it floats over the fenders forming a shadow line and continues the wave line down the car is amazing. The crease lines are unbelievably sharp, and surfaces on the door go from concave to convex in parts. Areas around the front splitter and rear diffuser are quite complex. Yet all is millimetre perfect.

Almost as if Audi were showing off how exact their body shop production processes are by making everything as challenging as possible.

The downside is that if you were unfortunate enough to have an accident, it would be almost impossible to get it all lined up again.

Quick Reply: S5 Sportback Delivered