Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Tracking a Canadian Factory Order

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 134 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by plat27265
No, the 'owner in waiting' emails are for US customers only, as far as I know. I purchased my S5 from Audi Langley which is a huge mistake. And, I warn other readers to stay away from this dealership. I am now taking my car in for service and develop great sales relationships at Audi in Burnaby (Open Road). I thoroughly enjoy the service I am getting from this dealership. I regret that I did not purchase my S5 through them. They do deserve my business.
I had had the choice between Audi Langley, Boundary, and Richmond. Was originally going to go with Audi Richmond but i was told that the deposit for the car was non refundable, but when i went to Boundary they said it was refundable so i went ahead with them. Also their service is great and they do seem to know their stuff very well. When did you place your order at Langley?
Old 03-19-2017, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I placed my order for my current S5 back in October 2015. Received my car in Feb. 2016. My first mistake was getting locked into a non-refundable deposit with Langley. At first, I was not bothered by the non-refundable deposit because I was sure about my order. However, once they got my money, things went downhill from there in terms of customer service. The problem with the people who sit on top of the sales chain is their inexperienced selling a high-end marque such as Audi. They treat their customers like they're buying used cars from a shady dealer. Absolutely no class at all. And, they're really nervous about taking an extra step just to keep me happy and updated with the status of my order. My sales person never took notes. He just kept promising stuff. Then forget to, for example, set aside my car's original window sticker which I requested at the time I placed my order. Little stuff like that and poor attention to detail is what they are lacking. When I took possession of my car, there was a deep scratch on the passenger side fender. It is quite noticeable. It is a good thing my wife and I were inspecting the vehicle closely during delivery and flagged it. It is a good thing that the scratch was small and barely got to the paint layer. It is like someone with a key attached to his belt or some king of object leaned on my vehicle and left that scratch. I was fuming at their lack of attention to detail. And, they tried to play it down but I got them to fix it up. There are other things that made me give up on them but I won't tell them all here since I would be highjacking this thread when I do that. Anyway, I want to completely forget my bad experience with them and move on. It is a painful lesson learned. Never again will I be burned like that.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I placed my order for my current S5 back in October 2015. Received my car in Feb. 2016. My first mistake was getting locked into a non-refundable deposit with Langley. At first, I was not bothered by the non-refundable deposit because I was sure about my order. However, once they got my money, things went downhill from there in terms of customer service. The problem with the people who sit on top of the sales chain is their inexperienced selling a high-end marque such as Audi. They treat their customers like they're buying used cars from a shady dealer. Absolutely no class at all. And, they're really nervous about taking an extra step just to keep me happy and updated with the status of my order. My sales person never took notes. He just kept promising stuff. Then forget to, for example, set aside my car's original window sticker which I requested at the time I placed my order. Little stuff like that and poor attention to detail is what they are lacking. When I took possession of my car, there was a deep scratch on the passenger side fender. It is quite noticeable. It is a good thing my wife and I were inspecting the vehicle closely during delivery and flagged it. It is a good thing that the scratch was small and barely got to the paint layer. It is like someone with a key attached to his belt or some king of object leaned on my vehicle and left that scratch. I was fuming at their lack of attention to detail. And, they tried to play it down but I got them to fix it up. There are other things that made me give up on them but I won't tell them all here since I would be highjacking this thread when I do that. Anyway, I want to completely forget my bad experience with them and move on. It is a painful lesson learned. Never again will I be burned like that.
Fair enough. I'd want to forget about that as well. That's just brutal. I finally got my COMM#. She emailed me the entire order form. Shows ETA as 06/12/17-07/10/17 So hopefully its sooner rather than later. But thanks for your info. I'll be sure to be that much more attentive when inspecting upon delivery!
Old 03-19-2017, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Audi-in-Van
Fair enough. I'd want to forget about that as well. That's just brutal. I finally got my COMM#. She emailed me the entire order form. Shows ETA as 06/12/17-07/10/17 So hopefully its sooner rather than later. But thanks for your info. I'll be sure to be that much more attentive when inspecting upon delivery!
Lucky you! I can't even get my Comm# from my salesperson. He says that it is for inside use only. I told him that it is nonsense. If VW gave me my COMM# when I special ordered my 2011 GTI, why can't he do the same. I told him that I chronicle stuff like this because I special ordered a vehicle which means it is something special to me. He won't even give me a copy of the production and ETA schedules. He thinks that if he gives the COMM# to me, I would take my order elsewhere. I do not know if he is paranoid or just simply inexperienced. Anyway, that's one of those bad experiences.

I created a checklist that will allow you to go through the car in detail during delivery. Let me know if you want a copy of it. I did it using Excel. It is quite comprehensive and I actually had to make an abbreviated version for delivery day. If there was something I did not catch during delivery, I would just have it fixed under warranty.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Lucky you! I can't even get my Comm# from my salesperson. He says that it is for inside use only. I told him that it is nonsense. If VW gave me my COMM# when I special ordered my 2011 GTI, why can't he do the same. I told him that I chronicle stuff like this because I special ordered a vehicle which means it is something special to me. He won't even give me a copy of the production and ETA schedules. He thinks that if he gives the COMM# to me, I would take my order elsewhere. I do not know if he is paranoid or just simply inexperienced. Anyway, that's one of those bad experiences.

I created a checklist that will allow you to go through the car in detail during delivery. Let me know if you want a copy of it. I did it using Excel. It is quite comprehensive and I actually had to make an abbreviated version for delivery day. If there was something I did not catch during delivery, I would just have it fixed under warranty.

Oh my god!! I would have just lost it had I had been dealing with that. That's the exact same reason I wanted my COMM#. I've boughten a number of new cars, but never factory ordered. I've always found one that had what I wanted or damn close to it.
When I spoke to Audi originally about the car, they told me they wouldn't find one at a dealer anywhere in Canada,(I ordered the A4 in Scuba Blue like the avatar photo, with the S Line BUT, with the 6 Speed Manual) therefore I would have to Factory order it.
Since I spec'd this one out exactly the way I wanted it and never had ordered one in the past, I'm fired up about it. I discovered the COMM# only after registering here and reading all the posts. I came here looking to see if previous customers had a way of tracking factory orders and viola'. Stumbled upon this.
I just came off a wretched dealing with Van. Mercedes. Salesman who I bought my last Merc. off of wanted me to basically give away my car on trade, eat all the costs into the new one. REFUSED to factory order me what I wanted, instead did everything he could to try and jam cars that either were not the colour I wanted, options I wanted were not in it or loads of useless options I didn't want. I always loved the A4/S4 and had looked at them as an option, this moron pushed me out the door and right into Audi.
I would would love a copy of that checklist if you don't mind! I would really appreciate it. The car has taken on a role as my third child and want it to be perfect lol
Old 03-20-2017, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Audi-in-Van
Oh my god!! I would have just lost it had I had been dealing with that. That's the exact same reason I wanted my COMM#. I've boughten a number of new cars, but never factory ordered. I've always found one that had what I wanted or damn close to it.
When I spoke to Audi originally about the car, they told me they wouldn't find one at a dealer anywhere in Canada,(I ordered the A4 in Scuba Blue like the avatar photo, with the S Line BUT, with the 6 Speed Manual) therefore I would have to Factory order it.
Since I spec'd this one out exactly the way I wanted it and never had ordered one in the past, I'm fired up about it. I discovered the COMM# only after registering here and reading all the posts. I came here looking to see if previous customers had a way of tracking factory orders and viola'. Stumbled upon this.
I just came off a wretched dealing with Van. Mercedes. Salesman who I bought my last Merc. off of wanted me to basically give away my car on trade, eat all the costs into the new one. REFUSED to factory order me what I wanted, instead did everything he could to try and jam cars that either were not the colour I wanted, options I wanted were not in it or loads of useless options I didn't want. I always loved the A4/S4 and had looked at them as an option, this moron pushed me out the door and right into Audi.
I would would love a copy of that checklist if you don't mind! I would really appreciate it. The car has taken on a role as my third child and want it to be perfect lol
Wow, that sales guy at Van Merc is a clown! Selling you products you don't want. I see that as a reflection of the dealership forcing their sales staff to sell cars they ordered with their choice of configuration. Absolutely dumb way to run a dealership. You know, nowadays, if a car dealership wants to be a cut above the rest, all they need to do is to read car forums. A lot of people who went through a hell of an experience with a car dealer would most likely rant online. All those rants are valuable info that can help them improve how they sell and service vehicles. But, very few car dealerships ever want to have anything to do with the online community and take advantage of that confined audience. They forget that it is a very powerful selling and marketing tool even if it does not and will not constitute the bulk of their sales. But, the word of mouth marketing is very, very powerful.

I just sent you a PM requesting your email address so I can send you my Inspection Checklist via email.

Last edited by plat27265; 03-20-2017 at 06:55 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that sales guy at Van Merc is a clown! Selling you products you don't want. I see that as a reflection of the dealership forcing their sales staff to sell cars they ordered with their choice of configuration. Absolutely dumb way to run a dealership. You know, nowadays, if a car dealership wants to be a cut above the rest, all they need to do is to read car forums. A lot of people who went through a hell of an experience with a car dealer would most likely rant online. All those rants are valuable info that can help them improve how they sell and service vehicles. But, very few car dealerships ever want to have anything to do with the online community and take advantage of that confined audience. They forget that it is a very powerful selling and marketing tool even if it does not and will not constitute the bulk of their sales. But, the word of mouth marketing is very, very powerful.

I just sent you a PM requesting your email address so I can send you my Inspection Checklist via email.
Would you mind sending it to me too? Mine's a factory order as well, but coming to Toronto. I actually just went by my dealership, because they had an S5 SB on display, so I thought I would go take a look. We checked on the status of my order and it is scheduled to be built during week 13 - next week! So now it looks more like it will be coming during the second week of May rather than early June.

I really hope the VW TDI stuff is settled by then - I don't want to wait longer than I have to.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by QballDS
Would you mind sending it to me too? Mine's a factory order as well, but coming to Toronto. I actually just went by my dealership, because they had an S5 SB on display, so I thought I would go take a look. We checked on the status of my order and it is scheduled to be built during week 13 - next week! So now it looks more like it will be coming during the second week of May rather than early June.

I really hope the VW TDI stuff is settled by then - I don't want to wait longer than I have to.
Sure, no problem :-) Just send me a PM with you email address.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the thread guys. Exactly what I was searching for. Wish that Audi Cdn provided some sort of more formal update mechanism, very disappointing and frustrating. After constant emails to my sales guy I've been told my 18 Q5 is in production and expected deliver is mid-May. Hoping that holds true.

I'd also really appreciate your delivery checklist if you don't mind sharing!! Thx!!
Old 04-03-2017, 03:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by brew99
Thanks for the thread guys. Exactly what I was searching for. Wish that Audi Cdn provided some sort of more formal update mechanism, very disappointing and frustrating. After constant emails to my sales guy I've been told my 18 Q5 is in production and expected deliver is mid-May. Hoping that holds true.

I'd also really appreciate your delivery checklist if you don't mind sharing!! Thx!!

when did did you order your Q5? I ordered my A4 beginning of march and have an estimated delivery date of "June20/17-July 10/17
still waiting for a more firm date

Quick Reply: Tracking a Canadian Factory Order