Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

01780 & 01772 faults with suspension light

Old 11-03-2016, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 01780 & 01772 faults with suspension light

Here's a new one:
2 Faults Found:
01772 - Signal from Level Control Pressure Sensor (G291)
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
01780 - Sensor for Vehicle Leveling
04-10 - Mechanical Malfunction - Intermittent

car levels, changes height and all fine, pump runs, etc. and sites overnight without sag. Shortly after beginning to drive the suspension light, orange car with arrow, on the cluster comes on. Everything operates as it should. I can clean this code out but it comes back. Valve block (G291) is just a year old, replaced last summer and has been fine. when car is turned off and back on it goes away, but the light comes back on once start driving again.
Will check the the plug into Valve block and cleanup first.
Any intel out there?
The following users liked this post:
colinjacklin28 (02-24-2021)
Old 11-04-2016, 02:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Leave your car for night in "Jack mode" In Height level 1. Most likely that you have an air pressure leak from Pressure piping connections Or air spring. In this case The vehicle automatically makes the height corrections Even when you are sleeping. (But not in Jack mode). In the morning with driving the compressor trying to raise the pressure up to 16 bar, After 2-3 minutes the compressor heats up And stop and you get orange car with arrow. Most likely the compressor has high wear. After you will fix the air leak Replace the compressor piston ring
Old 11-04-2016, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by amiram
Leave your car for night in "Jack mode" In Height level 1. Most likely that you have an air pressure leak from Pressure piping connections Or air spring. In this case The vehicle automatically makes the height corrections Even when you are sleeping. (But not in Jack mode). In the morning with driving the compressor trying to raise the pressure up to 16 bar, After 2-3 minutes the compressor heats up And stop and you get orange car with arrow. Most likely the compressor has high wear. After you will fix the air leak Replace the compressor piston ring
i cleaned the plug connection to valve block and it seems to have gone away. will keep your advice in mind, thanks.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was gonna say it is probably a connector, I was thinking one of the level sensors located by the wheels. I hit my connectors and knocked a ton of dirt and sand out of the one throwing a code and havnt had the issue since.
Old 11-12-2016, 02:00 PM
Banned

go through all the connectors, clean and put some dielectric grease in each one
keeps the dirt and moisture out
Old 11-13-2016, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Valv block

Originally Posted by cameltrophyallroad
Here's a new one:
2 Faults Found:

car levels, changes height and all fine, pump runs, etc. and sites overnight without sag. Shortly after beginning to drive the suspension light, orange car with arrow, on the cluster comes on. Everything operates as it should. I can clean this code out but it comes back. Valve block (G291) is just a year old, replaced last summer and has been fine. when car is turned off and back on it goes away, but the light comes back on once start driving again.
Will check the the plug into Valve block and cleanup first.
Any intel out there?
These codes are not connected to the valve block. Usually, Code 01772 Hit when the compressor failed to raise the air pressure up to 16 bar in a reasonable time. Concerning code 01780, Probably a bad electrical connection (Socket and plug ) in one of the height sensors. Advise you: before you unplug electrical connections in air spring system enter the vehicle to a "Jack mode " state. Because this system is Activated and monitoring all the time.(almost)
Old 04-04-2020, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi q7 2009 model RHD vehilce

i cleaned the plug connection to valve block and it seems to have gone away. will keep your advice in mind, thanks.

Wats the exact problem

Almost 1km drive, Air suspentin light blinks...and all driving options disable and only automatic mode
remains
Old 04-05-2020, 02:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by amiram
These codes are not connected to the valve block. Usually, Code 01772 Hit when the compressor failed to raise the air pressure up to 16 bar in a reasonable time. Concerning code 01780, Probably a bad electrical connection (Socket and plug ) in one of the height sensors. Advise you: before you unplug electrical connections in air spring system enter the vehicle to a "Jack mode " state. Because this system is Activated and monitoring all the time.(almost)
AaaaaaHaaaaaaa. I've cleaned/gooped up senson connections repeatedly without getting the suspension warning to disappear. Never tried in JACK MODE. Will be doing so soon.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Did you solve this?
Old 02-23-2021, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default ( 2010 ) Audi A6 ( C6/4F ) Allroad , Air Suspension trouble... ?

2 Faults Found:

Car levels, changes height and all fine, pump runs, etc. and sits overnight without sag.
Shortly after beginning to drive the suspension light, orange car with arrow, on the cluster comes on.
Everything operates as it should.
I can clean this code out but it comes back.
Valve block (G291) is just a year old, replaced last summer and has been fine.
When car is turned off and back on it goes away, but the light comes back on once start driving again.
cameltrophyallroad

Did you solved your problem ?

Hi !

Last week we had around -37° C ( -34° F ) for several days and the car's air suspension apparently did not cope with this after a few days in this cold temperatures.
This weekend, the air suspension warning light inside the car cluster started to light up after about 1~2 minutes of driving.

I have now had the car inside warm garage for one day to thaw
and after the car had got warm, cosy and dried up, I did an error code reading ( 01772 and 01780 ) and cleared them.

After deleting both error codes and doing a "Leveling Calibration" according to Ross-Tech description the car is not fully level,
It's approximately 1" lower both Front and Rear on the Right side.

...now there is only one error code ( 01780 ) that lit up in the memory and the air suspension warning light inside the car cluster starts to light up after about 1~2 minutes of driving.

Can anyone help me what is wrong ?

Last edited by 2stroke; 02-23-2021 at 02:57 PM.