Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

2003 Audi Quattro Allroad Revs but wont move!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the deal:
If I was in your situation, I would fix all electrical problems before I decide if there is a mechanical transmission problem. In the picture you posted, I am 99%sure those are the teeth that are on the edge of the overrun clutch drum. The only reason why I am not 100% sure is the size of the pieces. They look very similar to the teeth, but its just hard to say. Should be a bit deeper if its the overrun drum. See the link below for a picture of the drum.

ZF 5HP19, ZF 5HP19FLA

If you have any engine codes, they need to be repaired. If there is no MAF codes, or any codes indicating there could be a MAF problem, I would most likely fix all the other electrical problems before I mess with the MAF sensor.

Get the wiring and connections repaired correctly on the transmission before you mess with anything else. If you get all electrical problems repaired on the transmission and engine side, then its time to figure out where the metal pieces come from.

Last edited by transman; 08-17-2016 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by transman
Here's the deal:
If I was in your situation, I would fix all electrical problems before I decide if there is a mechanical transmission problem. In the picture you posted, I am 99%sure those are the teeth that are on the edge of the overrun clutch drum. The only reason why I am not 100% sure is the size of the pieces. They look very similar to the teeth, but its just hard to say. Should be a bit deeper if its the overrun drum. See the link below for a picture of the drum.

ZF 5HP19, ZF 5HP19FLA

If you have any engine codes, they need to be repaired. If there is no MAF codes, or any codes indicating there could be a MAF problem, I would most likely fix all the other electrical problems before I mess with the MAF sensor.

Get the wiring and connections repaired correctly on the transmission before you mess with anything else. If you get all electrical problems repaired on the transmission and engine side, then its time to figure out where the metal pieces come from.
Sounds good! Thanks again.