Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

2004 Allroad

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Allroad

We bought a 2004 Allroad a few months ago and love how the car drives. But now we have a issue with the oil light coming on when we slowed down coming off the highway. Did this several times last night. now this morning we went to drive it and got a few miles down the road and the light came on and stayed on this time. So I had it towed home. Now after doing what I could do for research it seams I should start with the oil pressure sensor. But I cant locate it on the engine. If some one could point that one out it would be great. If that does not work it looks like my next step would be to drop the oil pan and clean it and the intake. Any suggestions if I should try some thing different? Could it be the oil level sensor on the pan. The car is good on oil and we never heard any knocking as if it was starving for oil.
Thanks
Shade Bush Mechanic. ( I don't qualify as a shade tree one)
Old 09-09-2015, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sensor is on bottom of the oil pan. Make sure the connections are cleaned of any corrosion. That stopped my intermittent oil warnings.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as long as the trusty dip stick shows a crankcase filled to the proper level, dont worry about the sensor until your next oil change
dont wanna change it while full.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remove plastic belly pan that covers the oilpan area

you can look up and see the rectangular plastic sensor inserted up into the pan.

Try the suggestion above about cleaning off the connector contacts. you can do that without removing the whole sensor. You don't want to pull the whole sensor out when there is oil in the pan.

If that doesn't fix it, get a replacement sensor ready for your next oil change. After you drain the oil, simply swap in the new sensor and reconnect, and then when you complete the oil change and start driving around, you can see if that solved the problem.