Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Air ride assistance needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air ride assistance needed

I do not have a vagcom available so I am hoping someone will be able to assist me with figuring this out.

I am having some strange issues, I origionally though it was my bags but now I am not sure... There are days when overnight my front suspension will deflate and be super low, there are other days where it is just fine. On the days/ times it is really low (this can happen in a 20 minute park) I can start the car, wait for the control direction led to turn off, restart the car and the suspension will be fine, except that after about 5 minutes I cannot adjust the ride height, I get no LED indication the height is being raised or lowered.

When the height of the suspension does not change after parking, after about 5 minutes of driving the front suspension will lower to low rider height and the rind is super bouncy. At this point I can pull over shut the car off, restart and wait for the control direction led to turn off, restart again and the ride will be ok again.

So, my question is... what is going wrong here, is it the leveling sensor, height adjustment control module, sticky air release valve, air bags, or a combination?
Old 05-13-2015, 11:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a valve block fault. Or bad connections in the control box. I think you should have someone to visit with VCDS and check the codes. At the same time you could erase the fault codes and check if it helps.

Also check all air connections from compressor to air barrel and from that to valve block.

An easy trick is to disconnect your battery for + 30 minutes. It should reset certain things in ECU. For me it helped once. Remember your radio code.

Last edited by Torsti Tenhunen; 05-13-2015 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Finglish expressions...;)
Old 05-13-2015, 09:22 PM
Banned

get a vagcom scan done first to check for codes
could be misbehaving valve block, SCU (suspension control unit), or level sensor

filling in your location helps, might be someone close by with a vagcom
Old 05-19-2015, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

park the car over night at level 3,

and park the car overnight at level 1,

if it always sinks at level 1 but never at level 3 this is an airbag leak and could match your symptoms

regards

Andy