Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Air suspension compressor 40a 32v fuse (orange)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air suspension compressor 40a 32v fuse (orange)

Hey wassup guys, quick question about the air suspension fuse located under the driver side steering wheel. I blew it last week and havent had my air ride working. Ive been trying to find the fuse, at local parts stores, but nobody had that type of fuse... Is this a dealer only fuse? Orange 40amp 32v open ended fuse. Can I replace it with a regular 40amp 32v fuse? or does it have to be exact one?
Old 11-04-2015, 05:18 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do the right thing and hit up the dealer for it
Old 11-06-2015, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

I am using the regular non-high temperature 40A fuse from NAPA. They are made in Japan and comes with 4 fuses in one box. I would get the high temp ones from the dealer as stated above. My local dealer had to order them in and I didn't want to wait

Do you know why the fuse blow?

I had problems with the original compressor, it ran tired even though I replaced the piston ring.

Than I tried rebuilding a Mercedes unit that lasted about a year.
Than I tried replacing it with a New after market unit that keeps burning the orange 40A fuse.

I ended up using the manifold from the New made in China one with the Mercedes pump and its finally working great LOL...
Old 01-08-2016, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nice, sounds good. My pump had noticeable scoring in the cylinder. I replaced with Bagpiping Andy's repair kit, then months later it failed, most likely due to the scoring, oh and it got stuck on when the car was off, about 2 times for around 5-10 mins each time, until i could disconnect my battery (no tools). Sooo, I went in and cut some strips of aluminum can and placed them behind the plastic piston ring, between the ring and piston.
Got good seal, for a while, took apart and put even more in! Thats where I blew my fuse. The piston seized due to too many beer can mods. Replaced fuse, took 1 aluminum strip out, and it worked again....but not well lol
Old 01-11-2016, 03:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RyNoQuattro
Nice, sounds good. My pump had noticeable scoring in the cylinder. I replaced with Bagpiping Andy's repair kit, then months later it failed, most likely due to the scoring, oh and it got stuck on when the car was off, about 2 times for around 5-10 mins each time, until i could disconnect my battery (no tools). Sooo, I went in and cut some strips of aluminum can and placed them behind the plastic piston ring, between the ring and piston.
Got good seal, for a while, took apart and put even more in! Thats where I blew my fuse. The piston seized due to too many beer can mods. Replaced fuse, took 1 aluminum strip out, and it worked again....but not well lol
if the compressor ever runs with the key out the car this is 100% a stuck relay, you must change the relay it will melt your compressor and or pop the fuse

I've also got brand new cylinders for these compressors now, new product im working on, see attached
Name:  cylinders.jpg
Views: 5930
Size:  55.3 KB

a scored cylinder and a new piston ring wont last long, but these new cylinders should do the trick

any questions just ask

regards

Andy
Old 01-12-2016, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bagpipingandy

I've also got brand new cylinders for these compressors now, new product im working on, see attached

a scored cylinder and a new piston ring wont last long, but these new cylinders should do the trick
That is awesome. Are they available now and how much?
Old 01-12-2016, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Metronet
That is awesome. Are they available now and how much?
Hi yes, ive got about 200 in stock, however this is a new product and getting the low friction hard wearing coating correct is proving difficult, hence I don't sell them online yet but if anyone is desperately in need of a cylinder then its a perfectly good product but the durability of the coatings is under trial/testing, but I fully support anyone with a replacement should there be any product issues, as its new I just need people to trial it

in the cylinder repair kit so far is:

1 x Brand new cylinder
2 x bolts
2 x nyoc nuts
1 x large spring
1 x tapered spring
1 x nitrile o-ring

I sell them currently for £50GBP + Shipping, or £70GBP + shipping including a new piston ring kit

any questions please just ask

regards

Andy
Old 01-15-2016, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Dude!

Originally Posted by bagpipingandy
Hi yes, ive got about 200 in stock, however this is a new product and getting the low friction hard wearing coating correct is proving difficult, hence I don't sell them online yet but if anyone is desperately in need of a cylinder then its a perfectly good product but the durability of the coatings is under trial/testing, but I fully support anyone with a replacement should there be any product issues, as its new I just need people to trial it

in the cylinder repair kit so far is:

1 x Brand new cylinder
2 x bolts
2 x nyoc nuts
1 x large spring
1 x tapered spring
1 x nitrile o-ring

I sell them currently for £50GBP + Shipping, or £70GBP + shipping including a new piston ring kit

any questions please just ask

regards

Andy
Andy, this is awesome, its really innovative of you, since you already sell the rings, duude I'm in desperate need! I looked all over the Internet for an alternative pump, but I would rather just rebuild mine. Since owning my car for about 8 months, I've taken the pump out at least 8 times. Here's to less checking or failing of the pump!
Old 02-04-2016, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default The Relays are problematic

Would also change the relay with Audi's improved one as they know the old ones caused the pumps to burn out by sticking closed which make the pumps run until exploding or burning out. Here is where it is

https://youtu.be/UFBUnalOvHw