Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

air suspension valve block problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a distribution block, suspension ecu, and rear bags for sale if needed. Will sell for cheap.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have 2003 AR and my suspension works most of the time. I am an air compressor mechanic, but this compressor is diffrent. some lubrication may help. I was not aware of a inlet filter i will look for it now. My compressor does sound a little rough sometimes and i will get thre lights in the dash light up. I think it means it has overheated. i may try the oil
Old 10-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What kind of oil should one use for the air compressor?
Old 10-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just an air-tool lubricant, just like you'd use in a nail-gun or rattle-gun etc. I originally oiled my system because the distribution valve block was 'sticky' and causing all manner of faults. It's been all but faultless since.
When I say 'all but'... The other day I was parked on an odd angle in a snow bank... when I came back from skiing the suspension was right down. It came up fine (and never sags when parked normally). First sign of a bag leak? Or did a valve cause it to dump it's load?
Blackshasta, can you enlighten us as to what's different about this compressor?
Old 10-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by blackshasta
I have 2003 AR and my suspension works most of the time. I am an air compressor mechanic, but this compressor is diffrent. some lubrication may help. I was not aware of a inlet filter i will look for it now. My compressor does sound a little rough sometimes and i will get thre lights in the dash light up. I think it means it has overheated. i may try the oil
Three lights on the dash is the default setting and that is what should be showing when driving around at lower speeds unless I am misunderstanding the system function.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

three lights is for level 3. if you set to L3 then only 2 lights, etc.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

the three lights are in the speedometer ABS, a car with upand down arrows ,and a traction control light?? i beleve.
this ari compressor is very diffrent in the way you cannot replace individual parts to in you have to replace the whole shebang.. i still havent tried the oil but will tonight....thanks for all the help. will post results
Old 10-08-2009, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The typical Thee light syndrome... usually it's the brake pedal switch that is dead. It happens to most of us. It's about $25.00 and a simple DIY

Old 10-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

hi chris here in the uk just bought my frist allroad today the car was not raising at all and the dash light was flashing all the time i removed the air filter and sprayed wd 40 down the tube then sat in the car and played with control and whent for a dive the car works fine now up down great the pump sounds alittle loud tho could be pump on way out thanks for tip great
Old 10-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

If you're not close to a place to pick up the Audi switch for the brake light a common Nissan switch works as well.

Quick Reply: air suspension valve block problems