Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Allroad - no reverse , no neutral

Old 04-20-2015, 10:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Allroad - no reverse , no neutral

Okay so a couple months back the tip d-drum broke, causing no forward drive. I ended up finding a used trans and switched over the d-drum. Everything came together okay and when I was ready to run the car no all it does is drive forward. In park car move as if in drive but the parking pawl stops the car, also in reverse and neutral car moves forward. Hooked up vag-com and did not get any trans codes, also solinoids and shifter location all seem fine. Will check shift linkage again but I figured it looked right. Going crazy here, does anyone know what this could be or any advice/help would be appreciated. I guess before I start taking everything apart again I would like to be sure 100% that its the trans. Would it help to disconnect the TCM ??

Thanks
Old 04-21-2015, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ARback
Okay so a couple months back the tip d-drum broke, causing no forward drive. I ended up finding a used trans and switched over the d-drum. Everything came together okay and when I was ready to run the car no all it does is drive forward. In park car move as if in drive but the parking pawl stops the car, also in reverse and neutral car moves forward. Hooked up vag-com and did not get any trans codes, also solinoids and shifter location all seem fine. Will check shift linkage again but I figured it looked right. Going crazy here, does anyone know what this could be or any advice/help would be appreciated. I guess before I start taking everything apart again I would like to be sure 100% that its the trans. Would it help to disconnect the TCM ??

Thanks
Disconnect the power plug from the gearbox, and see if you get the same situation, If so then might a mistake in assembling? (Oil Seal) You can follow the computer Command signals to the trans in Basic setting. If you receive fault code erase them

Last edited by amiram; 04-21-2015 at 08:34 AM.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay disconnect power cable to trans, got under the car to make sure the linkage is right made some adjustments and started the car. Started car and it did seem like it was pulling forward, now when I moved thru the gears it seems the trans lost power. No all gears are neutral, does this mean my trans crapped out ?