Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Allroad sitting asymmetrically. Lower on one side, but stable height. ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Mae
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTA_Driver
Thanks. I found that a little earlier this evening, but it didn't have one of the codes that Ruary posted, and I wasn't impressed with the limited suggestions it had about the other code (that we both got). It's a good reference point to start at though! Thanks
Old 01-25-2012, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mae
Do you know any links to where you can look up codes to see potential causes, details, etc? I feel like this exists somewhere, I just don't remember where.
Not really. All the possible knowledge about suspension issues on AR is pretty much contained on this forums. Not much outside of here.

Anyway, pressure sensor codes usually mean that you need a new compressor assembly as that sensor is incorporated into the compressor. The source of code is not the faulty sensor actually but the problem with compressor not being able to reach nominal pressure - hence the system thinks the sensor is reading wrong and throws a code.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Are you sure that you're doing the height adaptation correctly? Done with vehicle running, going through the steps exactly as described in the how-to? It's critical that you enter the "01" on channel 5, then TEST and SAVE. After you save that value is when the changes take effect.

This really does sound like an issue that can be solved through the adaptation.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:30 AM
Mae
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by thejulex
Not really. All the possible knowledge about suspension issues on AR is pretty much contained on this forums. Not much outside of here.

Anyway, pressure sensor codes usually mean that you need a new compressor assembly as that sensor is incorporated into the compressor. The source of code is not the faulty sensor actually but the problem with compressor not being able to reach nominal pressure - hence the system thinks the sensor is reading wrong and throws a code.
It may be the compressor, but the pressure sensor is in the valve unit, not the compressor.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:31 AM
Mae
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Teutonix
Are you sure that you're doing the height adaptation correctly? Done with vehicle running, going through the steps exactly as described in the how-to? It's critical that you enter the "01" on channel 5, then TEST and SAVE. After you save that value is when the changes take effect.

This really does sound like an issue that can be solved through the adaptation.
I don't have VAG com, so haven't done calibration yet. Ruary did it and said it didn't help his though. Trying to arrange to use one in the next couple days.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Replaced my compressor over the weekend. The new compressor appears to have eliminated the "01772 - Signal from Level Control Pressure Sensor (G291), 27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent" fault code, but I still have the level control sensor fault code.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Out of desperation, and having read too much on the forums, I removed the driver's side rear level sensor and cut it open. There really isn't much in there except a circuit board, and it looked fine. I epoxied it back together, remounted it and plugged it back in. Then I checked for fault codes. The act of removing the sensor created several new fault codes. I cleared all of the fault codes, successfully completed a 402 adjustment, and it has been fine ever since. (this was several weeks ago) It's weird, but it seems like a pc - it just needed a reboot and now it is working. I'm not going to think to hard about it because I'm just glad to be running level and fault code free.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am having this exact problem, my driver's side front abnd back are 20 mm lower than the passenger's side. Does anyone have an actual solution for this? The last post indicates a sort of system reboot, should I pull the battery cables off, plug it back in, put it in jack mode and back out and see if it resets or something?
Old 01-31-2017, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

just found this. great info. is part one of tech manual available? i'd like all the system info before i start working on it!

thx!