Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Anyone have instructions to reset the ride height?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=John535is;24799607]
Mr Kid - (glad you can LOL!). I'm just (old & stubborn) and want to keep the air. In Australia we have concrete highways out of Sydney with little ripples that create a heap of road noise. Gets kind of monotonous after 4 or 5 hours. Everyone who rides in the allroad comments how quiet the car is at highway speeds. I put that down to the air bags over coils. Let me know what you think after the coil 'downgrade'! (ouch!)
[QUOTE]

Haha, I totally understand. I live in the dreaded Northeast US. We are not only known for having more salt and sand on our roads than most beaches, but also for having potholes the size of Smart Cars. This combination systematically buggers the electronics, and destroys air bags. I need reliability more than comfort at this point.

I will have a rebuilt compressor for sale, as well as all the other components for the system shortly!
Old 04-17-2016, 02:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks everyone.

Some new results. I was typing in 417 as per the value in the 402 mod instructions not realising that it wasn't being accepted. I found it would accept 410 on the corner that was riding high. So now I have it pretty close.
I also found Mike B's idea of measuring from the wheel rim provided more accurate measurement.

Interesting with 402 entered I have the following ride heights:

Stage 1 = 352
Stage 2 = 377
Stage 3 = 402

So I thought I was going to get 402 at stage 2. Is that right? It seems to be riding low.
Old 05-14-2016, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just to provide an update.
Thanks to all for the help, particularly bagpipingandy for some private messages.
The result was I had one sensor intermittently failing which kept throwing the balance out.
I moved the front right sensor to the left, I could then reset the headlight levelling. It also proved the right front sensor was failing intermittently. A replacement was purchased. Pulling the unit apart, the pins are not soldered inside but pressed which allows a double sided pc board to be used then press essembled but provides an obvious dry joint opportunity. Quite poor engineering really.
Anyway. With the replacement sensor, cleared all the codes and the 402 mod performed. Also did the headlight recalibration as well, all good.
Thanks again for everyone who provided input.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What is a 402 mod performed??

Originally Posted by John535is
Just to provide an update.
Thanks to all for the help, particularly bagpipingandy for some private messages.
The result was I had one sensor intermittently failing which kept throwing the balance out.
I moved the front right sensor to the left, I could then reset the headlight levelling. It also proved the right front sensor was failing intermittently. A replacement was purchased. Pulling the unit apart, the pins are not soldered inside but pressed which allows a double sided pc board to be used then press essembled but provides an obvious dry joint opportunity. Quite poor engineering really.
Anyway. With the replacement sensor, cleared all the codes and the 402 mod performed. Also did the headlight recalibration as well, all good.
Thanks again for everyone who provided input.
What is a 402 mod performed???
Old 08-16-2019, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

The 402 mod (link at the start of this thread) is a way to use vagcom to reset the ride height. From memory, (and you have pulled up an old thread from 3 years ago) you go to module 36 and you can recalibrate the standard height ( level 2). You can also type in different values for each corner if you find the car is not sitting flat. If you decide to do it, once you trigger the calibration the whole car sinks to the bump stops which is a little unnerving then pumps up to what it thinks is the standard level 2 which is 402 mm from the centre of the wheel to the rim of the wheel arch. Not something you need to play with all that often, but it works well and helped me work out the faulty sensor.