Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Arnott Warranty Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same sitch here on Arnott warranty replacement 4-2014. I purchased directly from Arnott in FL so they had all my ppwk. I paid for the post and a new Gen II front bag for my '02 AR. It shipped from FL in about a week since I caught them right when they were producing more and did not have any in their warehouse located on the West Coast (Los Angeles).

When Arnott got my core back, my card was refunded for everything, even the cost of shipping. Nice!

The rear of the car still has the OE bags. The front still has one of the original GenII V1 bags in front. I have a GenII V2 (red) on the other side. GenII definitely got rid of the bounce and lessened the body roll in the turns. Running the Gen II on Level I ('02 AR) will give you more bounce than the OE or Gen I bags. I never did the 402 mod and don't run on level 1 unless the car puts it there during ludicrous speed on freeway driving.

For our OE suspension AR, upgrading to GenII is a significant improvement over OE bags. In '08 we replaced both OE front bags for $660 each. By '10 they had both failed again. The Arnott Gen II had just come out and installed upfront. One of the GenII V1 got a leak and was replaced under the Arnott warranty in '12 with Gen II V2 (red version). They've already paid for themselves. We're quite pleased.

Some wont be happy there's a better product than OE, with a better warranty, at a lower price point. No other suspension manufacturer provides a lifetime warranty that can be inherited by another owner. All suspension will fail eventually. The Arnott warranty for factory direct purchases is one of the best in the industry. The method they use to fulfill their product warranty is based on R&D / known product reliability, acceptable losses from circumstances must that go unproven like:
  • A warranty claim from an extreme 402 mod.
  • A warranty claim from road hazards like high speed impacts or off road incidents.
  • A warranty claim from bags damaged by operating the vehicles on known underinflated bags due to leaks or compressor failure.
  • A warranty claim incurred from a 2nd hand purchaser claiming to be the original purchaser.

Arnott still has to return a profit to stay in business. They do so by inheriting all the illegitimate claims like the ones above, plus more. Again, no business will please everybody, but some businesses are thriving because they're the best at what they do in spite of that.

GenII V1

GenII V2 (They look like vessels for radioactive storage)

Last edited by Petethepug; 07-23-2015 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Beware with Arnott of you don't live in the US. I bought a second hand Audi Allroad two years ago, to which Arnott bags were already fitted by the previous owner. Only 2 months later one of the bags was flat so I contacted Arnott and they said the warranty was non transferable. Ok, so since I had only purchased the car 2 months before I contacted the previous owner who then called them, and they said the Arnott warranty was only 2 years if you didn't live in the US.

So, if you live outside the US, their "lifetime" warranty is good for only 2 years.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:53 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, Lifetime Warranty for North America and the EU only at this time. Limited Two-Year Warranty elsewhere (and for all compressors).

Arnott Inc.® offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty for North American and European Union customers on Arnott Air Springs, Air Struts, Shocks, and Conversion Kits. Orders for Arnott products outside of North America and the European Union and all compressors come with a Limited Two-Year Warranty. Arnott is so confident that you will be 100% satisfied with your product that we offer a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee and a 90-Day
Return Policy on unused and uninstalled products. Arnott offers a Limited 30-Day Warranty on parts used in commercial vehicles. Improper use or installation is not a manufacturer's defect. The Arnott Warranty is non-transferable.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hello ArnottDoug, why isn't the warranty the same elsewhere? Are providing a lower quality product to other markets? What is so different in your product shipped elsewhere than the one for US and EU customers? If it's the same product I don't get that warranty policy.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:09 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by svsanchez
Hello ArnottDoug, why isn't the warranty the same elsewhere? Are providing a lower quality product to other markets? What is so different in your product shipped elsewhere than the one for US and EU customers? If it's the same product I don't get that warranty policy.

It is a combination of logistics and road quality. Arnott currently has local facilities in the US, Canada and the EU so shipping any warranty parts is much quicker for us to inspect the returned part and send the replacement as well as less expensive, and easier for both the customer and Arnott.

While all of our products are the same worldwide - road quality unfortunately is not. Since air suspension failures are often caused by poor road conditions, these regions have more predictable road conditions. It is hard to offer a blanket warranty for the life of a part in more remote countries where road quality may be suspect and receiving and inspecting the bad part, along with shipping and customs for the replacement, is more difficult, time consuming and expensive. In regions where we don't currently have a local facility we do offer a Limited 2-Year Warranty which is still better than the original manufacturers offer.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ArnottDoug

It is a combination of logistics and road quality. Arnott currently has local facilities in the US, Canada and the EU so shipping any warranty parts is much quicker for us to inspect the returned part and send the replacement as well as less expensive, and easier for both the customer and Arnott.

While all of our products are the same worldwide - road quality unfortunately is not. Since air suspension failures are often caused by poor road conditions, these regions have more predictable road conditions. It is hard to offer a blanket warranty for the life of a part in more remote countries where road quality may be suspect and receiving and inspecting the bad part, along with shipping and customs for the replacement, is more difficult, time consuming and expensive. In regions where we don't currently have a local facility we do offer a Limited 2-Year Warranty which is still better than the original manufacturers offer.
With that logic, you should void the warranty for anyone living in VT, NH, ME, upstate NY, CO, WY, UT, WA, MT... i.e. any place that has severe winter, mountains and demand for a car like the Allroad. Pfft.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

I wonder if Arnott specifically engineered the product warranty to ensure that some owners would never be satisfied. I'm not a conspiracy theory guy but ..... just saying this might be engineered to be exactly the way you're describing it.

Originally Posted by Petethepug
The Arnott warranty for factory direct purchases is one of the best in the industry.

Last edited by Petethepug; 07-29-2015 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default This thread is getting tired.

If you don't like Arnott's warranty, then buy some OEM parts for 2x the price. Or some cheap knock-offs for less money and take your chances.

Warranty coverage costs companies money, which is amortized across all sales, after being weighed against the expected lifetime of (in this case) a vehicle in reasonable operating conditions. They get to draw the line on the terms, not you.

If the product is designed well, the warranty percentage of your purchase price is small, and you won't ever have to enforce it. All healthy companies continue to improve their product DESIGN AND MANUFACTURING to make them better to avoid defects and the cost of servicing the warranty claims. So well-balanced companies survive, and fly-by-nights die. Arnott is a survivor.

As an end-user of the Arnott product, I have been totally satisfied with their warranty support. (I'm in USA). And I don't see any changes to their policy that affected me since I bought the front airsprings and now rear.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

ArnottDoug,

Rockauto.com sells your airbags. Do you honor lifetime warranty if we buy them there? When you click on their link for your products they list lifetime.

More Information for ARNOTT A2239

Thanks!
Old 08-04-2015, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Petethepug

GenII V1

GenII V2 (They look like vessels for radioactive storage)

Do you have the labels correct. I thought the red ones were the old GenII bags.

Quick Reply: Arnott Warranty Question