Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Factory settings on suspension Level Control

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 03:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory settings on suspension Level Control

Having recently done quite a bit of work on the airsprings and suspension of my Allroad I am left with an amber light (hieght warning) on the dash.
I have looked at the fault codes on the level controller useing my Ross-Tech VCDS (full version) and it shows 'level not learnt' and 'hieght limit exceeded'.
I log onto the 'adaption' program and select ch 1, the sequence starts correctly by dropping to level 1 but the 'up' light fails to come on but the level 2 light comes straight on (no sign of it raising up to actual L2.) Ch 1 the shows 'error' so the usual 402 hieght cannot be entered or saved.

I had tried several time but get the same situation.

It there any way of resetting the controller to the factory setting of 402?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will set itself to level 2, not 1, during adaptation/402.

Are you trying with the car running, or just the ignition on?

Someone here, if I'm not mistaken, was having issues with some error, and ended up doing it with the ignition off.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GTA_Driver
It will set itself to level 2, not 1, during adaptation/402.

Are you trying with the car running, or just the ignition on?

Someone here, if I'm not mistaken, was having issues with some error, and ended up doing it with the ignition off.
During adaption it says it is on level 2 but seems to me to be L1
Either way it says error and wont let me enter and new data (boxes are greyed out)

Have been doing this with engine running as other treads re adaption says that is best.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 402 in vcds

hi, i am new in the audi world and bought a allroad a6 2001 that is not level, i see many talk about 402, what is that, because i tried everything to level my car because it is lover in one side in the front is much lower than the other wheels, cannot connect to the adaptation, only error error error all the time, what can i do, thanks for many good tips and advice so far
Originally Posted by paulouk
During adaption it says it is on level 2 but seems to me to be L1
Either way it says error and wont let me enter and new data (boxes are greyed out)

Have been doing this with engine running as other treads re adaption says that is best.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi audi-1norway, What device are you using to access to level controller?
Old 10-25-2015, 04:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

hi, thanks for responding, i am using a ross-tech BII-USB INTELLIGENT DUAL K and tried to using vcds and the same with vagcom
Old 10-26-2015, 02:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Are you managing to log into the 'Level Controller' if so what is recorded in the fault log.?
Old 10-26-2015, 10:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Are you managing to log into the 'Level Controller' if so what is recorded in the fault log.?
says error in first colom in second 0 in third nothing in 4 colom not avaible
Old 10-27-2015, 05:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audi-1norway
says error in first colom in second 0 in third nothing in 4 colom not avaible
Not quite the answer I was looking for. Lets just go though a few points so I can catch up with what you are doing and how far you've got.

Are you using a genuine Ross-Tec lead (dongle) and their software?

Are you able to log onto the Level Controller? This is shown by being able to read the controller VAG number, component and shop number etc.

Are you saying that the fault log just says 'error'?
Old 10-27-2015, 11:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default reply to level controller

Not quite the answer I was looking for. Lets just go though a few points so I can catch up with what you are doing and how far you've got.

Are you using a genuine Ross-Tec lead (dongle) and their software?

Are you able to log onto the Level Controller? This is shown by being able to read the controller VAG number, component and shop number etc.

Are you saying that the fault log just says 'error'?
hi i am using a genuine ross-tech BII-USB INTELLIGENT DUAL K i contact ross-tech support but yet no answer, i paid ross-tech 99$ for support and they reply that i now are a genuine customer owner of a genuine ross-tech cable
answer to your qest. yes/no sometime it give me acess but then the test button fade out gray and some time tell me not connect to controller
when fade out gray cant do anything error not avaible
when cannot connect to the controller its send me back to login and level controller site, start page chassis.
tried when car on idle door closed 100% level surface tried when only key is on no idle tried when key is off, tried with an another kan+k kkl obdII cable, first time i tried i connected and start messure on front wheel driver side told me 411 so i put in 416 car accept then in number 2 it was 418 put in 423 but in third wheel then he wont let me do anything, 398 and new number 399 but not possible to contiune, no accept so i put in 398 and still no way i could move on, so i jump to wheel 4 whom was way out, way out 462 so i tok new number 467 and in 5 00001 and test apply save bla bla and log out and ever since never got access again

Quick Reply: Factory settings on suspension Level Control