Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Gas fumes

Old 09-22-2009, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dodger3844
Oops...sorry I meant for Duracell to kindly provide a brief synopsis or a link. thanks a bunch in advance!
From memory, my tank first started leaking back@ around 60k . The service manager @ the time was not very helpful in dealing with AOA. The recall had not come out at this time. AOA refused to cover the repair. I Paid for a new tank. My AR was always garaged maintained @ Audi never in an accident, nor off road. So i had the SM send me details and pictures of the tank for further reference. maybe one yr later i got a recall notice on the roll over tank issue. I called AOA sent a copy of my bill/Pic's. They sent me a check for the repairs. The second tank leak happen feb 09 @ 81k. This time i was dealing with Cherry Hill Audi, I explained to the service manager my past issue and i felt the part installed we pre-recall therefore still defective. The Cherry Hill SM was very assuring and called AOA, As did I. They covered the repairs.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

After getting all that squared away, AOA has restored my faith a bit. I am thinking about buying a new audi, Im leaning towards a brown Q7 with Espresso Int.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The verdict is in...no surprise here...AoA is offering no coverage beyond the scripted "we understand your disappointment but...". They did offer consolation in advising that I should hold on to my receipts and if a recall was posted than I would be reimbursed. Wow, on that note I better dust of the credit card and burn rubber to the nearest ATM...

In short although they confirmed that my leaking valve in question is exactly the same as the recalled one it was determined that it does not experience the same amt of associated hose pressure as the recall one. The hose connected to this particular valve is not aluminum thus does not create the same amt of strain and associated weakening. This combined with little documented instances of failure did not substantiate a course to cover the repair. Oh well, I tried and no worse off...I'm open to any other suggestions???
Old 09-22-2009, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

call again and ask for a higher level review. Ask your dealer to step in as well. For get the recall..this is simply a denageros prob,.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Agreed...as per my post prior to their response it is purely a safety issue, recall or not, and there should more concern/effort to assist. AoA did already connect with the dealer...I'm speculating that they were likely not overly supportive in my case as my service record is extremely light. As with many of us I send all my work to a local indy shop. I do have a call into the srvc mgr and hopefully I can reason with him that this is a worthy fight and still for him a sizeable, billable job. Unfortunately the oppty might have already been burned.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks a bunch for the info. Would you mind shooting me a direct email (perhaps including phone) as I had some questions for you offline. I am looking for further clarification that might help me in my case. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

When last year was the rollover recall completed on your car? According to AOA any parts repaired or replaced by an Audi service carry a 12 month warranty. If you can convince them the leak started within 12 months of the recall...
Old 09-24-2009, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

reall simple.. he can do the job if audi pays the bill. If not you have to go to a less costly indy. And you can order your own tank online. genuineaudiparts.com