Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Help identifying banjo bolt

Old 05-23-2016, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help identifying banjo bolt

Today I decided to try and replace the waste gate actuator lines. I have an over boost issue, and a major boost leak on the passenger side. After removing the sway bar mount to try and actually see the line, I found this banjo bolt hanging loose. I found the bolt, luckily, in the sway bar mount. Obviously this is an issue, but I want to make sure this is my only problem before putting everything back together.
I'm assuming it's not oil or coolant, because I have no major lose of either. Plus, it bolts to the intake side of the turbo.
Attached Thumbnails Help identifying banjo bolt-banjo-bolt.png  
Old 05-24-2016, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Okay, apparently this IS the line from the N75. The car drives much smoother now.

I still want to replace and re-route the lines. I though there was a rubber hose going directly into the housing. Is there a barbed connector out there that will screw into this location? That would allow me to run the hose forward, and up along the inlet tube to the N75.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Okay...update. This was NOT the line to the N75. It is the boost reference line. I have still not found the line I'm looking for.

Obviously putting this lie back on helped drivability. I still want to replace the pressure regulator line. Some people have said it can be done from the top, but I couldn't see it.

Anybody have a picture of the N75 line from the top?
Old 05-25-2016, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hmm, that's crazy the line came loose.

I rebuilt a td04h turbo on a Volvo yesterday at work, and the lline went from the compressor housing to the wastefate. I think the line on the AR would be in the housing also. I can get on shopkey at work tomorrow and send you a diagram via PM
Old 05-26-2016, 03:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by transman
Hmm, that's crazy the line came loose.

I rebuilt a td04h turbo on a Volvo yesterday at work, and the lline went from the compressor housing to the wastefate. I think the line on the AR would be in the housing also. I can get on shopkey at work tomorrow and send you a diagram via PM
That would be awesome. I searched for two days trying to find a close up picture of the turbo on a removed engine. No luck. That and the fact that everyone calls the two "air" lines by different names, makes it difficult to track down.

Most cars have the line directly from the housing to the wastegate. Audi uses the N75 valve. The line runs down the back of the engine, under the exhaust, and to the wastegate. It is a mixture of hard line and silicone. It is damn near impossible to see with the motor in car.