Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Hotchkiss H-Sport Sway Bar fitment issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 07:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hotchkiss H-Sport Sway Bar fitment issue

Had my tech install the H-Sport Hotchkiss sway bar kit for the Allroad and came across a fitment issue for both front and back.

Firstly my tech informed that the back could only be fit on the soft setting as the hard setting put the sway bar in contact with components.
Here is a pic I snapped of them at soft setting, you should be able to see that the components are already very close, hard setting would put them in contact:

Secondly the front sway bar seems to be slightly too long as it is forcing an angle on the end links that is pretty much destroying them.
Here are pics:

Any thoughts?
Old 06-19-2016, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Is that specifically made for the allroad, or for an A6?
Old 06-19-2016, 01:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MrKid
Is that specifically made for the allroad, or for an A6?
I ordered the allroad kit... but... I now wonder if I was sent the wrong kit.

Last edited by CT6speedAR; 06-19-2016 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-19-2016, 01:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hmmmm this is interesting @MrKid....
I am looking at the Hotchkis instructions for installation of the 22815 kit.. and it refers to a "H-Sport" sticker facing rearward and right side up on the rear sway bar...
my rear bar has no "hsport" sticker... just a Hotchkiss Sport Suspension sticker at the far end of the bar. Pictures of the 22815 kit show an "h sport" sticker at the center of the rear bar.
NOW.... I am thinking I was sent the WRONG damn kit. Additionally the rear bar looks to interfere with the lower control arm's eccentric screw such that if I needed a rear alignment adjustment it would hard to clear the bar.
Old 06-19-2016, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Definitely pick up the phone as soon as Hotchkis opens tomorrow. Chances are, if you were sent the wrong one, they will know just by your description of the fitment issues. Then you can have the info when you call the retailer. (if you didn't buy direct)
Old 06-19-2016, 04:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MrKid
Definitely pick up the phone as soon as Hotchkis opens tomorrow. Chances are, if you were sent the wrong one, they will know just by your description of the fitment issues. Then you can have the info when you call the retailer. (if you didn't buy direct)
I will definitely do so.
I wanted to add some findings:

This is the part as pictured by ECS Tuning and some other online retailers (this is what is currently installed on my 2004 allroad 2.7t)... note the curves of the rear sway bar.

Conversely this is the pic shown by Hotchkis' website and several other authorized Hotchkis dealers.... note the plateau before the center downward curve, I believe this plateau is the main difference along with some other slight angle differences toward the distal ends that probably allow for full clearance of parts on "hard" setting.

In your (or other members') opinion / experience... which is the correct kit?

Here is another pics of my kit installed.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Seems to me the "plateau" isn't the issue, it is the end links. Hard to tell from the different angle in the pics, but it seems one has a wider flare out at the end. This would not address your clearance issues, but it will fix the cocked end links.

As far as clearance, the stock sway bar "c" link sits very close to the lower arm when the car is in the air. I've never had any contact, and I've done some "Jeep type" off-roading in my AR.