Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Instructions for disabling suspension system after steel conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 12:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instructions for disabling suspension system after steel conversion

I did some searching via Google and watched the Arnott video on the mechanical procedures. But I can't find instructions for how to permanently disable the air suspension system so I don't get lights on the dash. I'm surprised the Arnott video didn't cover that step but does tell you to put the wheels back on the car. LOL

I already have the steel spring conversion kit sitting in my garage from BLAU but looking to get familiar with what I'll be doing when I find time to tackle this project.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-18-2015, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have no experience in it because I'm still riding on air, It seems that the right way is to look for the correct code that turn off the HCM because you can not unplug it without damaging the BAS communications channel.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Audi Allroad Air Suspension Conversion - Bulletin

Code:
To recode the Audi Allroad ECU proceed as follows. 

Tools Needed - Ross Tech Diagnostic Software 
1. Plug Ross Tech PC into Audi Allroad OBD com-port. 
2. Cycle the ignition key to the accessory position. 
3. Access Ross Tech software from PC desktop. 
4. (Select control module). 
5. (01-Engine) control module (Allow several seconds to pass and allow the Ross Tech to communicate with the engine control module). 
6. (07-Coding) engine recode module 
7. (Software Coding) change the last digit from 5 to 2 and save the software coding by clicking (DO IT!) (Allow several seconds to pass and allow the Ross Tech to communicate with the engine control module). 
8. Cycle the ignition key to the off position. 
9. If necessary remove all stored codes from control modules. Cycle the ignition key to the accessory position, re-access the vehicles control modules and remove all stored codes from the control modules. Cycle the ignition key to the off position when done. 
10. Unplug OBD com-port from vehicle. 
11. After all stored codes have been removed from the control modules start the vehicle to confirm there is no check engine light and leveling light.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:16 AM
Former Vendor

Arnott has a patents-pending Electronic Bypass Module (EPM) for many of it's Coil Spring Conversion kits that will turn off the warning lights. We currently do not sell it as a stand alone product.

https://www.arnottindustries.com/par...24_gid943.html
Old 08-10-2015, 01:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ArnottDoug
Arnott has a patents-pending Electronic Bypass Module (EPM) for many of it's Coil Spring Conversion kits that will turn off the warning lights. We currently do not sell it as a stand alone product.

https://www.arnottindustries.com/par...24_gid943.html
possible to purchase for those of us that installed the kit prior to the EPM?
Old 08-17-2015, 08:01 AM
Former Vendor

If you have proof of purchase please contact Arnott's Customer Support Team at 800-251-8993 (321-868-3016) or email info@arnottinc.com. They will help you out. They also may be able to help look up the invoice if you have lost the receipt or bought it from a reseller.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is using rosstech essentially the same thing as installing a EBM? I am looking at the suncore kit for $600 but does not include the EBM but if I can just use rosstech who needs the EBM.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bertrenolds
Is using rosstech essentially the same thing as installing a EBM?
I am looking at the suncore kit for $600 but does not include the EBM but if I can just use rosstech who needs the EBM.
You don't really need the EBM.

I have a similar coil conversion kit (strutmaster) and I just unplugged the level control suspension module at the CD storage compartment (rear/left).

You do need to bridge a 12V wire in order to power your Xenon headlight auto-level control module.

Btw, if your rear springs are too much lower than the front like mine, try these donut coil spring spacer. $20 Works wonder!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00029K20W
Attached Images   

Last edited by Metronet; 12-22-2016 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Metronet
You don't really need the EBM.

I have a similar coil conversion kit (strutmaster) and I just unplugged the level control suspension module at the CD storage compartment (rear/left).

You do need to bridge a 12V wire in order to power your Xenon headlight auto-level control module.

Btw, if your rear springs are too much lower than the front like mine, try these donut coil spring spacer. $20 Works wonder!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00029K20W
What wire did you have to jump for the headlight level module? I have an older arnott kit that didn't come with the EBM.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

See attached pdf for more details.

And for your reference:
quattroworld.com Forums: Out with the old (air suspension), in with the new (FTG Coilovers)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Suspension_control.pdf (94.9 KB, 1229 views)

Quick Reply: Instructions for disabling suspension system after steel conversion