Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Advice on control arms for ar? Read on...

Old 11-06-2009, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Advice on control arms for ar? Read on...

Well, I love this forum; however, sometimes I get more confused with the more research I do! For instance, I'm about to go in and replace my struts with arnott bilsteins and replace a leaky airspring as well. It will be a DIY job as I did on my last 02' ar and it was easy. I know my control arms are at the end of their life on my current 04, but I am curious to know any opinions on different brands: febi, OSCAP, and of course the "evil" hamburg-technic ones sold so cheaply on ebay. I've read on the net recently that almost ALL control arms are manufactured in China. I've used blauparts for years on previous audi's and have never had issues with any parts from them. They currently have a great price on upper control arms @$95/set with hardware. Oscap brand from italy. Any thoughts from the forum? Thanks
Old 11-06-2009, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jibmaster1
Well, I love this forum; however, sometimes I get more confused with the more research I do! For instance, I'm about to go in and replace my struts with arnott bilsteins and replace a leaky airspring as well. It will be a DIY job as I did on my last 02' ar and it was easy. I know my control arms are at the end of their life on my current 04, but I am curious to know any opinions on different brands: febi, OSCAP, and of course the "evil" hamburg-technic ones sold so cheaply on ebay. I've read on the net recently that almost ALL control arms are manufactured in China. I've used blauparts for years on previous audi's and have never had issues with any parts from them. They currently have a great price on upper control arms @$95/set with hardware. Oscap brand from italy. Any thoughts from the forum? Thanks
Blauparts is a good source. Is blauparts much cheaper than genuinevwaudiparts? It' looks like they are 192.96 on genuinevwaudiparts.com
Old 11-06-2009, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 04 allroad
Blauparts is a good source. Is blauparts much cheaper than genuinevwaudiparts? It' looks like they are 192.96 on genuinevwaudiparts.com
It looks like genuinevwaudiparts is cheaper than blauparts. Blauparts has them for $239.95.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I you referring to the lowers? Check this:

http://www.blauparts.com/proddetail....od=MA11201%2DC

fore and aft upper control arms WITH hardware for $95! Pretty good IMO!
Old 11-06-2009, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jibmaster1
http://www.blauparts.com/proddetail....od=MA11201%2DC

fore and aft upper control arms WITH hardware for $95! Pretty good IMO!
Those are upper control arms...
Old 11-07-2009, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Contact Joe at Axis Motorsports.He has a upper and lower kit of Febi
Old 11-07-2009, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

axis website is down and no answer on the phone line.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Replacing just bushings?

Hey all,

I need to replace my control arms as well. Anyone replacing just the bushings?

Thanks.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

just needing to be educated, so i'm wondering what is it in the ride that leads u to think u need to replace control arms as opposed to just struts. my AR has 95k, and i'm quite certain it's time for new struts, but i imagine there's a good reason for doing the control arms at the same time as well while i'm in there
Old 11-18-2009, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I read this on the German site....

A specific feature of the Audi Allroad suspension is the four link control arms system. Audi Allroad struts are mounted onto the control arm and the integral Audi Allroad control arm ball joint is at an upside down installation position. As a result, the weight of the Audi Allroad rests on the upper side of the control arm ball joint. Due to the force of gravity, the lubricant flows from the upper side downwards into the sealing ring. This loss of lubrication leads to wear and eventual failure of the integral Audi Allroad control arm ball joint. As well, hydro filled Audi Allroad control arm bushings can be destroyed by high dynamic loads. Audi Allroad owners become aware of this by the front suspension squeaking noise when braking.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Advice on control arms for ar? Read on...