Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Level Control codes 01400 and 1772 on new compressor

Old 06-17-2016, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Level Control codes 01400 and 1772 on new compressor

My allroad C5 is currently showing the following codes.

01400 - Suspension Level Control 11-10 - Control Limit Not Reached - Intermittent

01772 - Signal from Level Control Pressure Sensor (G291) 27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

I've recently installed a brand new compressor about a month ago and airsprings about 6 months ago. So i know we're good on leaks.

The new compressor ran perfect and quickly up until 2 nights ago. i was on the freeway, at level 2. When i slowed down to a traffic light it indicated it was rising to level 3, but the compressor never turned on at all. The yellow suspension light lit up solid on the dash instead after about a minute of trying. When i got home 10 minutes later i turned off the car and back on. the allroad had no issue raising from 2 to 3. The Next day, same issue, level 2 on freeway and when i slowed down to lower speeds the allroad attempted to rise to level 3 but the compressor wouldn't run at all. so the yellow light comes back on. Except this time when i turned off the engine and back on to reattempt, it did not turn on the compressor as well.

I've already tried a couple times to mitigate the problem, including replacing the relay. Currently its at stuck at level 2 and the compressor has not run since. I've already tested the new compressor by reattaching the old compressor that i still have, im 100% it still runs. But even that won't start up. So i've ruled out that its a compressor issue. I figured the next option was finicky wiring, but he wiring looks good as well and i have not had any problems with changing levels even on rough desert trails.

Does this leave a faulty g291 sensor or faulty j197 control module as the only possible problems? Thanks in advanced
Old 06-21-2016, 11:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

" 01772 - Signal from Level Control Pressure Sensor (G291) 27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent "

It can be a valveblock problem but in that case as far as I know you should be able to adjust the levels.
However this stupid message comes also if your compressor is worn and unable to reach approx 12 bars in the air tank supply - which is needed to safely reach level 3. This knowledge cost me a brand new valveblock 2 years ago.
Question whether is it a Wabco compressor or a far-Eastern copy?? Ebay is full with those craps.

J197 can be tired also. Inside there is a circuit which drives the compressor running and regularly it burns in case of too much and too often rising attempts. There is only a minor chance that you have a faurlty J197 because the symptoms are different. Usually if you've had that, J197 would not communicate at all.

examine further on. Lift in manual mode (if you have) from 2 to 3. Below 35km/h the raising is done from the air tank in order to fulfill the "smoother, quieter, softer" philosophy /. . Question whether you have sufficient pressure within