Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

New to the Allroad have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Allroad have some questions

Hi all I have bought about 2 weeks ago a 2004 Allroad. I have some questions about this car.

1. The skid plate was missing, I bought a new one but I do not know what kind of bolts or screws I need. So I need to know what all I will need.
2. I have the self leveling head lights and it comes up they need service, how can I fix this myself?
3. How do the headlight washers work? I can't not figure it out to save my life as well is their a washer on the rear as well?
4. Do most have the corners of the front tires wear on the out and inner sides of the tires?
5. Are their any hidden or secret tricks to this car?
6. Where is a cheap place to get any parts that might be needed for this car?
7. Is it normal for the heat to cool down when at idle. If not what could this be?
8. Does anyone know what all the interior bulbs are as I want to switch them to led.

I have to say so far I love the car, the last Audi I had was a 1000 so that tell you it has been a long time. Thanks for all help with this.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See below in bold.

Originally Posted by Edward Wright
Hi all I have bought about 2 weeks ago a 2004 Allroad. I have some questions about this car.

1. The skid plate was missing, I bought a new one but I do not know what kind of bolts or screws I need. So I need to know what all I will need. Here is a complete kit: Audi All Road 2.7T Exterior - ECSUBPK - front Belly Pan Installation Hardware Kit - ES#2998

2. I have the self leveling head lights and it comes up they need service, how can I fix this myself? You will need to use VAGCOM or know someone with it to recalibrate the headlights. You could go to the dealer but it will cost ~$150 or so.

3. How do the headlight washers work? I can't not figure it out to save my life as well is their a washer on the rear as well? The headlight washers will come on if you have the headlights on and run the windshield washer. I believe that it only does this every third time as well. There is a rear window washer. Push the rear wiper stalk away from you all the way and it should start spraying and wiping.

4. Do most have the corners of the front tires wear on the out and inner sides of the tires? Sounds like your alignment is off or you have under inflated tires.

5. Are their any hidden or secret tricks to this car? The air suspension has some neat tricks. Automatically raises and lowers with speed. PS mirror angles down when reversing if the mirror switch is set to the PS.

6. Where is a cheap place to get any parts that might be needed for this car? I usually get my parts from ECS Tuning, German Auto Parts, Europa Parts, or Blauparts.

7. Is it normal for the heat to cool down when at idle. If not what could this be? Your water pump may be getting weak or you have a clogged heater core. You can flush out the heater core fairly easily and there are DIY threads online.

8. Does anyone know what all the interior bulbs are as I want to switch them to led. Sorry, no idea.

I have to say so far I love the car, the last Audi I had was a 1000 so that tell you it has been a long time. Thanks for all help with this.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

What make the headlight washer pop out of the bumper? Because I have tried it a few times and get nothing any idea's?
Old 03-05-2015, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

For the interior bulb specifications go to the Sylvania automotive website. You can get a complete listing of all bulbs by year/make/model.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Audi Allroad White LED Lights Interior Package KIT C5 | eBay

I havent purchased this myself, so I count vouch for it. But it does seem appealing, one stop shop. Anyone else have experience with this kit?
Old 03-06-2015, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Question # 7

Originally Posted by G0to60
See below in bold.
Agree with GOto60.
I would add anoption to answer number 7, faulty Thermostat
Old 03-08-2015, 04:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Edward Wright
What make the headlight washer pop out of the bumper? Because I have tried it a few times and get nothing any idea's?
They are popped out by pressure from the pump. There is a dedicated pump for the headlights. It only actuated when the headlights are on, after a delay of several seconds while pulling the stalk back.

Search for "allroad headlight washer pump", plenty of DIYs out there.