Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

New on Audiworld from France

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Arnott Compressor

Also, this is how much they charge on their site: http://www.arnottindustries.com/part...24_gid471.html

BUT.... This is how much they charge for the same item on eBay ( http://www.arnottindustries.com/part...24_gid471.html ) plus, you get some eBay Bucks to spend as well..
Old 09-10-2012, 08:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In France we use a trick to repair the air suspension we put a product "Notubes tire sealant" in and if there is a hole, it will blocked it!
It is really effective for the front because the entry of air is upside, for the rear it's a bit more difficult because you have to disassemble because the entry is down...
A trick for Allroad owner really practice, it last few years then you have to restart the injection of Notubes.
Let see the protocol here:
http://forums.audipassion.com/topic/.../page__st__160
That's in french but you can see how to do with the photos!
I've done that by precautions on my front air suspension and it's ok, no risk of migration of the product in the air circuit!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by FrançoisL
In France we use a trick to repair the air suspension we put a product "Notubes tire sealant" in and if there is a hole, it will blocked it!
It is really effective for the front because the entry of air is upside, for the rear it's a bit more difficult because you have to disassemble because the entry is down...
A trick for Allroad owner really practice, it last few years then you have to restart the injection of Notubes.
Let see the protocol here:
http://forums.audipassion.com/topic/.../page__st__160
That's in french but you can see how to do with the photos!
I've done that by precautions on my front air suspension and it's ok, no risk of migration of the product in the air circuit!

Interesting because here, we try to stay away as much as possible from the tire sealant. Pictures aren't showing up, possibly due to not being a member of that site.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Why don't you use that?
You must not use the foam, the product have to stay liquid and that's prevent to spend many euros in a new air suspension because OEM is really too expensive!!!
Arnott is wellknow in Europe because it's less expansive and life warranty (i think not sure)
I saw there is a new generation of Arnott, the last red ones have not a good reputation in France but Gen I yes!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Why don't you use that?
You must not use the foam, the product have to stay liquid and that's prevent to spend many euros in a new air suspension because OEM is really too expensive!!!
Arnott is wellknow in Europe because it's less expansive and life warranty (i think not sure)
I saw there is a new generation of Arnott, the last red ones have not a good reputation in France but Gen I yes!
Yeah, Arnott is a reputable company. Interesting that the Gen IIs aren't as "liked" in France. Could it be because of the way they ride vs the Gen Is which are suppose to be as close to OEM as possible? Either way, they all have a lifetime warranty in case of any type of problem. Although shipping back and forth to different countries/continents must be a pain..
Old 09-10-2012, 08:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It says that there is a default of conception and that's why they done a new one, which one is no more red like the gen II...
Maybe it is not true but nobody bought them! curious...
Old 09-11-2012, 02:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hello Allroader!
I found a longlife compressor. The manufacter is AMK, it's the manufacter of compressors for BMW.
This compressor is more powerfull and the wear is reduced.
In France nobody have experience with this product maybe in your country somebody try this compressor?
http://www.air-suspension-shop.com/i...?a=68&lang=fre

Thanks for your advice!
Old 09-11-2012, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Allroader!
I found a longlife compressor. The manufacter is AMK, it's the manufacter of compressors for BMW.
This compressor is more powerfull and the wear is reduced.
In France nobody have experience with this product maybe in your country somebody try this compressor?
http://www.air-suspension-shop.com/i...?a=68&lang=fre

Thanks for your advice!
Interesting, but the cost is double the price of OEM compressor from Arnott. Is it worth it? If you look after the leaks, a compressor should last the lifetime of the car, or at least 2 compressors should.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

If i take the Arnott one, with the shipping and taxes it's about 400€ (120€ of taxes!!)
I did not take my décision....
Old 09-26-2012, 01:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default little news

I change that on my Allroad, it's better like that!

I done a second hole:

Then the wiper, i put a Golf V one's:

It get younger!

I also bought that to have a double din gps:

I will have lot of work to change that!

And the Allroad have new exhaust

I hope you will find that nice!

Quick Reply: New on Audiworld from France