Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

non start/fuel pump/system check questions...this should be good

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 04:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default non start/fuel pump/system check questions...this should be good

Just to recap my other post https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...parts-2900125/

I towed the car to a garage he says he thinks its the timing belt. someone here suggested fuel pump. I am assuming that the fuse box will be labeled which fuses to check first to make sure none are blown. does anyone know what relays i should check as well? i read something about 37 and J17 but right now my head is spinning from information overload. Where are these relays located? what ohms range should i be looking for? Which brings me to the next question I plan on doing the usual suspects of upgrades as the funds allow it (chip,exhaust,fuel,turbo) I came across this pump https://store.034motorsport.com/high...bosch-040.html
Is this going to be enough? From what I have learned these cars have 2 fuel pumps. Will the stock low pressure pump work or do i need to upgrade that as well? The searching that I came across only mentions testing the main pump it does not mention the low pressure pump. Any help is appreciated.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just make a jumper wire to put in place of the fuel pump fuse, and use an amp clamp on that wire to see if your pump is working. If nothing, then get to the fuel pump connector and make sure you have power going into the pumps. If so, suspect a bad pump.
hope this helps, Connor.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

ex has my multi meter so i could not test the leads at the fuel pumps yesterday all i could do was check the fuel pump fuse and get the back seat out and remove the covers to the fuel pump on passenger side. i see that the fuel lines have a screw type hose clamp so this tells me the pump has been replaced before. this may sound like a stupid question but will the pumps have power with the ignition in accessory mode?
Old 05-14-2016, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

No. It will do a short prime when the key is turned to positionII. I think you could rent a fuel pressure tester from autozoo and use it to test pressure at the rail. Or if you have VAG-COM you might be able to access fuel pressure reading from the regulator. I've never done a fuel pressure test on an AR before but these are ways I do them on other cars.if I had my allroad here I would pop the hood and see what other ideas could possibly help
Old 05-14-2016, 09:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i think my compression tester can double as a fuel pressure tester too if i remember right but again it is 2 am and i might be wrong ill check it out tomorrow i broke up with my ex and have a lot of tools there still...