Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

paddleboard transport and allorad antenna

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paddleboard transport and allorad antenna

I am thinking of buying a 2015 allroad but have concerns about the antenna on the roof. One of the reasons I like the car, besides the obvious, is that it has a roof height of 58". This makes it easy for me to load my paddle boards, kayak and rowing shell onto the roof racks.

My concern is the antenna seems to stick up just a bit too high for comfort. Is there anyone out there who has experience with this? Can I safely load long objects on the roof without worrying about knocking off the antenna?

Thanks in advance!

Misslisapete
Old 10-26-2014, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by misslisapete
I am thinking of buying a 2015 allroad but have concerns about the antenna on the roof. One of the reasons I like the car, besides the obvious, is that it has a roof height of 58". This makes it easy for me to load my paddle boards, kayak and rowing shell onto the roof racks.

My concern is the antenna seems to stick up just a bit too high for comfort. Is there anyone out there who has experience with this? Can I safely load long objects on the roof without worrying about knocking off the antenna?

Thanks in advance!

Misslisapete
This forum is for the C5-based Allroad. You may want to search the A4 forum for information.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Upon looking at the one sitting in the showroom in front of me (getting my oil changed at the moment) it looks to me like you should be fine after you install cross-bars for the rack. You should not be trying to lay anything directly on the roof. You need the cross support bars and may benefit from a surf or kayak mounting system as well. But at a minimum, regular cross-bars are needed. You can also wrap cross-bars with foam pool noodles cut length-wise to wrap the bars.
Thule FitGuide