Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 06:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help

I recently purchased an allroads with136,000 miles. The car runs fine and I've changed almost everything on it...timing belts, filters, water pump....etc. I want to change the transmission fluid and filter but I'm a little scared. I was told if the previous owners never changed the fluid and if I do it the new fluid won't b think enough and my tranny would start to slip and eventually go out. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated
Old 07-09-2015, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

I do recommend having an Audi certified shop change your tranny fluid. I too was a little bit nervous of doing it myself so I took the allroad in for the change. Make sure you or shop tech replace the filter as well. Look here if you plan on doing it yourself - Audi Automatic Transmission Fluid - How To Change Audi Transmission Fluid

Good luck!
Old 07-09-2015, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aym001
I recently purchased an allroads with136,000 miles. The car runs fine and I've changed almost everything on it...timing belts, filters, water pump....etc. I want to change the transmission fluid and filter but I'm a little scared. I was told if the previous owners never changed the fluid and if I do it the new fluid won't b think enough and my tranny would start to slip and eventually go out. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated
Bunch of BS! This idea comes from people changing the fluid on a tranny that is already acting up and ready to fail. They change the fluid hoping it will fix it, and then the tranny goes out. Reality is that the tranny would have gone either way, but the fluid change somehow gets blamed.

Yes, you want to change it. Fluid and filter change, but DO NOT flush it! Flushing is bad and can pop free grit and grime that could clog up the valve body. Use quality fluid such as Pentosin, Febi, or Viaco that meets the specs. If you do yourself then you need a VAG-Com(preferred) or a infared temp gun. Level is temp dependent and there is not a dipstick to check.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 5v/cyl
Bunch of BS! This idea comes from people changing the fluid on a tranny that is already acting up and ready to fail. They change the fluid hoping it will fix it, and then the tranny goes out. Reality is that the tranny would have gone either way, but the fluid change somehow gets blamed.

Yes, you want to change it. Fluid and filter change, but DO NOT flush it! Flushing is bad and can pop free grit and grime that could clog up the valve body. Use quality fluid such as Pentosin, Febi, or Viaco that meets the specs. If you do yourself then you need a VAG-Com(preferred) or a infared temp gun. Level is temp dependent and there is not a dipstick to check.

Thanks I was gonna buy a tranny kit from Blauparts The kit includes:
  • Automatic Transmission Filter
  • Filter to Valve Body Gasket
  • Oil Pan Gasket
  • Oil Pan Drain Plug Gasket
  • Oil Pan Fill Plug Gasket
  • Extra Oil Drain Pan Mounting Hardware
  • 6 Liters of Fully Synthetic German Ravenol Automatic Transmission Fluid (See Below Technical Information)
    Fluid meets Audi Vw TL52162 specifications and is equivalent to Audi Vw part number G 052 162 A2.
  • Blauparts Detailed Step-by-Step ZF 01V Transmission Fluid and Filter Replacement Instructions. Our how to instructions contain over 20 images of detailed step-by-step guidelines, including proper transmission fluid leveling steps.
  • Polypropylene Output Pump Dispenser (Hand operated with clear dispensing hose used for transmission fluid transfer. This cost-effective tool can be used in place of Audi Vw special tool VAG 1924.)
But I think it means tranny gaskets not oil pan. As for the temp gun I thought i just fill it up until it starts coming out the filler hole and then plug it up start her up go through all the gears for bout 10 minutes without driving it...jack it up and fill it back up until fluid come out the filler hole again and then it would b good to go...please comment.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes to Blauparts kit.

Just so you know, though, if you shut the engine down without putting the drain plug back, you will loose about a quart of oil. That is the fun part With the engine running you gotta crawl under the car (on jack stands) and put that drain plug back. It helps if you have a cordless driver with the right Allen key attached. It takes 5 seconds...
Old 07-12-2015, 05:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by indoor
Yes to Blauparts kit.

Just so you know, though, if you shut the engine down without putting the drain plug back, you will loose about a quart of oil. That is the fun part With the engine running you gotta crawl under the car (on jack stands) and put that drain plug back. It helps if you have a cordless driver with the right Allen key attached. It takes 5 seconds...
I'm a little confused. I was just gonna start it up let the fluid warm up. Cut the car off And open the drain plug. Let fluid drain out. Then remove the pain change out the filter out pain back on replace drain plug and then remove filler plug. Fill it up until fluid comes out the filler hole. Install the filler plug. Start car up and go through all the gears while its n the air. Do this for 10 minutes. Then go back under there and open filler plug and top it off. I don't know where to preform ur step.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a little confused. I was just gonna start it up let the fluid warm up. Cut the car off And open the drain plug. Let fluid drain out. Then remove the pain change out the filter out pain back on replace drain plug and then remove filler plug. Fill it up until fluid comes out the filler hole. Install the filler plug. Start car up and go through all the gears while its n the air. Do this for 10 minutes. Then go back under there and open filler plug and top it off. I don't know where to preform ur step.
Refill proceure:
-fill with fluid until comes out of fill/check hole
-leave plug out and start engine
-put in reverse for 10 seconds then drive for ten seconds
-leave engine running and fill tranny until runs out of fill/check hole again
-do the reverse/drive cycle again
-fill tranny again if it will take anymore
-leave plug out and engine running until fluid temp gets to 30C, but not hotter than 40C. Once in this temp range put the plug back in.
-shut off engine and clean up
Old 07-12-2015, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

What I'm talking about is the very last step. Engine is running, you moved the shifter through all gears and opened the drain and filled up some more fluid(until it runs out). Well, logically you are done and you'd want to turn off the engine THEN put the drain plug back. WRONG! Drain plug goes in THEN shut the engine off. Sounds easy, but while you crawl under a running car that is on jack stands it doesn't feel good You have to also worry about not touching the exhaust system that is hot by that point(the end of this whole process).
Old 07-12-2015, 02:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Refill proceure:
-leave plug out and engine running until fluid temp gets to 30C, but not hotter than 40C. Once in this temp range put the plug back in.
Got thanks for the clarity
Old 07-13-2015, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 5v/cyl You are mistaken

Refill proceure:
After the first liquid filling Leave the plug open, start the engine, tranny in P !!
Fill liquid again until runs out of fill/check hole again. Now put in R for 10 seconds then D for ten seconds and Finally P. Let the oil reach 40 ° C
If you see liquid overflows from the plug close it. If not fill again and close the plug. If you check it with a heat gun it is a 32-35 ° C on the The oil pan cover