Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

RMcQ procedure - THE ALLROAD OIL CHANGE - detailed instructions and many pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Good eye. I was wondering if someone was going to catch that.

The answer is simply that it was all I had. I usually have plenty of oil in the garage, but this time I didn't check for the proper weight before I started the job.

I had plenty of the 15W-50 that I use in my VW Corrado b/c it runs so freakin' hot. A combination of too much VR6 shoved into too small of a space plus a old and marginal to begin with cooling system.

So I put Corrado oil in my allroad?!? My garage is heated so I'm not too worried about thick oil on morning start up plus I have a couple of long trips planned in the coming weeks that will eat up my 5K interval and I'll change it again.
Old 12-02-2002, 05:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know someone at my dealership stole my Amsoil the last time

You may recall my prior post about getting the allroad back 3 quarts of oil low after the rear seal was replaced. I had sent 8 quarts of Amsoil 0W-30 to be used. My wife picked up the car and delivered it to me where I work (work out of town). After about 300 miles of travel after getting the car, the low oil warning comes on. It is 3 quarts low! I added 3 quarts of Amsoil and no oil loss for the next 100 miles. The dealer had returned one quart of oil like they used 7 quarts and insisted they installed all 7 quarts even though they obviously had not. When I got back to home base, I changed the oil completely and what came out didn't look like any old amsoil I had gotten out of cars previously even with 3 fresh quarts added. The dealer had done the prior oil change about 2,700 miles before the seal repair. I doubt my amsoil was put in at that time. I conjecture that whoever did the seal repair did not drain the oil, but just let it leak out when they disconnected the transmission to repair the seal. They hooked everything back up and just returned the car with whatever oil was left in it. Someone then took my Amsoil returning the extra quart to make it look like they had used the oil.
Old 12-02-2002, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The bad news is that this is a turbo engine. With the potential of foreign matter in the system

That could cause larger problems. On the cheap for a $5 filter...
Old 12-02-2002, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Spoke to dealer today

I met with the director of service for this multi-brand dealership and then the general manager. Just as HPH suggested, they all said it was just a one-time goof. Their offer of resolution was a new filter off the shelf and a coupon for an extra free service at 60,000 miles including Mobil 1.

This is not resolution, but I think satisfying me is impossible at this point. My trust has been broken and can not be repaired with coupons and free oil filters.

I also made a point to talk to the sales manager and told him that due to the service department I would probably not be buying my next car there. I think I'll just stick with used cars from now on. To bad there isn't an 'opt out of scheduled maintenance' option on the new cars. I would rather just have the cash back than the untrustworthy dealer maintenance.
Old 12-02-2002, 04:36 PM
srs
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default ...and here is a link.

<ul><li><a href="http://www.oaitesting.com/">oil analysis link</a></li></ul>
Old 12-02-2002, 05:33 PM

Excellent post! Thanks for the info!
Old 12-02-2002, 10:24 PM

Default Color me impressed....

... I can't believe you attempted this (I'm such a wuss). Well done - excllent post. You should have AW post it as a link in the tech section...

And, no redemption was ever required (or necessary). Cheers 8-)
Old 07-09-2003, 11:19 AM
No Bozos!

Default Another is

Syracuse Supply

They do big diesel enigne repair and sales.

I had them do a test on one of my motors awhile back. I don't remeber the cost, but it wasn't bad.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: RMcQ procedure - THE ALLROAD OIL CHANGE - detailed instructions and many pics

FYI, my MY2004 allroad uses a couple of size T50 Torx bolts instead of the ones that you show as Allen style bolts in the front of the belly pan.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Lane Shark

Default Restored photo's oil change write up link

http://forums.quattroworld.com/allroad/msgs/13535.phtml

Quick Reply: RMcQ procedure - THE ALLROAD OIL CHANGE - detailed instructions and many pics