Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Seat Malfunction help

Old 12-28-2014, 10:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Malfunction help

2005 Audi Allroad, c5, w/memory driver’s seat. Had never had any problems with seat and it was in my wife’s position which is forward from mine and it would no longer move back to my position. I checked for loose wires and found nothing. When I tried to move with the forward–back switch it would only move forward. The up-down and tilt would not work. Noticed that the interior lights would dim when moving any of the switches on the side of the seat except when moving the seat forward. Took the forward-back motor loose and moved the switch it still would only rotate forward movement and would dim interior lights when switched for back movement. Removed the seat and checked that nothing was binding and found nothing. Used drill to drive seat back, reinstalled motor and seat. Still unable to get any movement except forward movement. Check with Vag-Com got this error code “01191- Motors for seat adjustment, 44-00 – short circuit”. Confusing as to what may be wrong. Anyone had same problem and what was the fix?
Old 12-28-2014, 01:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've had a similar problem. Believe my issues is from a broken plastic guide piece causing the seat to bind. Does the seat seem to rock some? Try shaking the back of the seat some and moving it back without sitting in it.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

No binding in the back and forth movement.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default problem solved

The problem with my seat turned out to be with a motor wire on the seat back motor. The lumbar mechanism has a heavy support wire that goes from one side of the seat frame to the other. This had broken on one side and rubbed through the insulation causing a short. Since the only time it had power was when you pushed one of the switches that moves the seat but it would not cause a fuse to blow. Replaced the wire from another seat and repaired the wire. All is good.
Old 04-16-2016, 06:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by richie64
The problem with my seat turned out to be with a motor wire on the seat back motor. The lumbar mechanism has a heavy support wire that goes from one side of the seat frame to the other. This had broken on one side and rubbed through the insulation causing a short. Since the only time it had power was when you pushed one of the switches that moves the seat but it would not cause a fuse to blow. Replaced the wire from another seat and repaired the wire. All is good.

Hi there
I seems to have exactly the same problem as You did on my driver seat..
It goes forward, but not back! And the back rest goes forward, but not down..!
So you just replaced that wire you talked about? And that fixed the whole issue?
Thanx
Old 04-16-2016, 06:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05AR6mt
I've had a similar problem. Believe my issues is from a broken plastic guide piece causing the seat to bind. Does the seat seem to rock some? Try shaking the back of the seat some and moving it back without sitting in it.
Sorry for "loosing" the thread, but where did You get Your LED tail lights?