ACNA election is tainted - recall it!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for the .pdf. I did ask for the E-mail copy to be forwarded to me

My E-addy linked to my account does work, could you please have the <b> Edit: original e-mail </b>copy forwarded directly to me?

If not, then I maybe should inquire with whom I am speaking with? <b>EDIT(if you're not a chapter rep, you can PM me)</b>

The .pdf version linked to, is an agenda copy, not the minutes/notes sent by word.doc which was the topic of the original discussion. (i see notation of a word.doc on page 3 of the .pdf but cannot link to it.

Agenda items can be tabled, their order moved or not be addressed due to several reasons.

I DO appreciate the additional info though. Thank you for archiving the .pdf.
I do see some different e-mail addresses than what I use to correspond with some on that list.
I do realize some people have different E-addys though.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Checking the QQ reps page, several of the E-mail contacts differ from

the addresses used in those Agenda notices.

Kris' is different (in QQ -page 85 - its info@kcaudi.org)
Peters' is slightly different (in QQ its @the-baradas)
Nick Pinto (in QQ) isn't listed as a chapter rep
Craig's (in QQ) is @audiclubna.org
SteinEke (in QQ) is listed as bill@audichicago.org just to notice another.........

Some of the "reps" as addressed in the .pdf archived Chapter Contacts have slightly different E-addys for a few of these guys too:

npinto@nickpinto.com kris.loveless@kcaudi.org craigliechty@hotmail.com wsteinke@comcast.net

I'd be nice to have them all match to focus on how much time the notice actually was.

With different E-addys, I could actually see if someone didn't get the message in a timely fashion. Especially if the notice for meeting was 1-2 days away.

So let's further press on about the notice length:
Its either July 1 (if we go by this agenda .pdf, <b>one day before meeting on the 2nd</b>, which it is also noticed the July 2 date is moved UP from July 3 in your .pdf copy) which would be ~ 29/30 days, or its shorter.

Is less than 30 days ample time for notice, gather signatures, write a bio, and submission of an ACNA candidacy Nomination intent?

and keep in mind this is the ONLY notice of this election "deadline" prior to July 31 to what seems a handful (~46, two being Dean himself) of people compared to the public information channel which should be noticed to thousands of ACNA members who are not <b>on</b> chapter rep calls.

Furthermore, If I (as an ACNA member) sign-log into the members area of the ACNA to review the minutes prior to the Thursday, July 31 "deadline" date moved up from Aug 15, WHEN do I get to see the minutes posted? Before July 31?

Maybe I should ask when was the ACNA BoD minutes posted on the ACNA web - site in the sign in members area. Thankfully I remember my ACNA number, so its not a barrier to "timely" posted info to me.

&lt;edited sig "scott and typo to ON (in bold)&gt;
Old 10-26-2008, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default How much hand holding has to go on?

Is it not the members responsibility to make sure National has their correct email address?

If someone wants to run, isn't it their responsibility to make sure they know the proper dates?

Isn't it their responsibility to write a bio? Does it take a freaking month to write a few paragraphs?

Seriously, these guys are acting like a bunch of spoiled brats.

GROW UP!
Old 10-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Here I thought it was about offering a fair choice to the membership...

Let's see, the job of the nominations committee is "The nominating committee shall strive to maintain geographic diversity within the Board." And what have they failed to do because of nomination dateline shenanigans: exactly that!

What we see instead is a blatant attempt at consolidation of power by the same people and their cronies who caused the legal issues in 2006.

Grow up? So I guess you feel that ego-based power grabbing in a charitable organization is grown up. But then, it is a million dollar corporation, isn't it? And money does make people do some very strange things and, such as attemtping to brand their activities as rightful and in the best interest of all involved.

So, tell me, whose interests are being served by limiting the number of candidates? It would seem to me that the only answer is the candidates themselves. It sure isn't the member's interests.

Unless, of course, you serve such a candidate.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default What is your source for this letter?

You're not on the Rocky Mtn BoD, nor are you a member of the Chapter Reps.

So how did you come by this letter? I'm curious.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default What dateline shenanigans? There weren't any!

The date was set, was distributed several different ways to everyone.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Sure there were!

Dates don't just 'get set'. Election deadlines should never casually moved and yet the Board of Directors never even discussed the subject until after the deadline had passed.
It was only when the motion was made and voted upon that the date was set and that took place on September 2, a mere 33 days after the deadline.

You might not consider it shenanigans, but I bet if the IRS moved the tax filing deadline, notified only the State District Attorneys and, by the way, passed this law on May 15 while making it retroactive, you'd be the first to howl.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Unforunately, what you say happened didn't?

During the June 4 chapter rep call, the deadline date for nominations was set to July 31. During the July chapter rep call, the deadline date again was again stated to be July 31.

Three candidates submitted their nominations after July 31. The vote by the BoD in Septemter was to enforce the July 31 deadline.

After talking with my chapter rep, I learned that all three candidates that had their nomiations rejected were on the June and July chapter rep calls. Those candidates should have known the deadline was July 31, but for some reason they claim they thought the date was August 15, the deadline used in the past.

All the other candidates knew the date was July 31, why didn't those three. Do I want someone on the BoD who refuses to follow the rules and claims foul play when things didn't go their way? I don't think so.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I talked with my chapter rep who forwarded the information to me.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Dean Esmail is feeding you your info? That explains a lot.

Quick Reply: ACNA election is tainted - recall it!