Question regarding the "draft" election policy

Old 02-26-2009, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question regarding the "draft" election policy

I don't need to remind people of the turmoil the club went through this past year regarding the elections to the ACNA BoD. As a result of such the Board drafted policy to define the procedure for elections going forward and notified the Chapter Reps and the membership of such after the November Chapter Rep conference call.

The draft policy, as presented to the Memebership indicates that February 10th was the deadline to submit to the Quattro Quarterly the procedure/date for the election of Directors to the ACNA BoD.

My question to the Board is whether this draft policy, as presented, and affirmed at the meeting in Daytona, is no longer draft, but approved. If so will this information be printed in the spring Quattro Quarterly as promised.

Hopefully the membership won't have to wait to open the next issue of the Quattro Quarterly to get the answer...
Old 02-27-2009, 06:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Even the crickets have gone silent at this point.

I suspect that's your answer. After all, if they had followed through as promised, they would have answered you by now.

So I'm not going to be surprised by anything that isn't in the QQ. After all, it was only promised to the chapter reps (well, a few others at Daytona, but not a quorum of members. Never a quorum.) and we all know that the board's word is only as good as the paper it's written on.

What was that quote? Oh yeah, "You should have gotten it in writing."
Old 02-27-2009, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm afraid if I post here, it will get deleted.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I'm happy to say I was wrong. I extend my apologies to Bruce and the board.

Bruce Bradigan Karen Chadwick both stated last night on the chapter rep call that the election policy is going to appear in the QQ as had been promised.

I was wrong. I apologize. I spoke out of turn and I'll strive not to do it again.

I'd much rather the board operate they way they promise than withstand criticism for not doing so. That way, I can sit down and shut up. That said, it would be helpful if they'd be a bit more prompt in their answers so that the question doesn't need to be raised.

Either way: I'm sorry Bruce.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:47 PM
GBW
AudiWorld Super User

Default It's progress....

Kudos for the public apology, but more importantly for giving this new board a chance to solidify their direction and start to make meaningful changes. It will take a while to get the ball rolling, but with new leadership at different levels of the club, it can be done. We all have a role to play to make that a reality.

We need to reduce the public bashing and describe the club in a more positive light. Nearly 60% of the posts here are from a handful of people, rehashing the same stuff. Is this the public face we want to present to potential members? That energy can be spent working with the new leadership to implement the changes we all want to see, or building upon the excellent events the local chapters run.

Car clubs are supposed to be fun
Old 03-06-2009, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: It's progress....

Yes, it is progress.

And yes, the postings are by a handful of people, and we should "reduce the public bashings" to put the "positive light" upon the club, but unfortunately, the National board has chosen to be silent on many critical questions/aspects that have been raised - going way past the previous election.

This is a forum where many of those emails/issues that members have raised to National can be "aired" after National has, apperently, chosen not address, much less acknowledge receipt of emails sent to them.

As such, sad as it sounds, this is the "court of public opinion" and the last resort to prod National into acting, even if its only to acknowledge receipt of the issue and declare "we're taking it under advisement". A lot of respect for the National board has been lost by many concerned members by their continued stonewall silence.

Believe me, I, and I'm sure others, would rather handle this through other means, but that is if the adressee actually "handles" it rather than hoping by not acknowledging the issue that it "just goes away".
Old 03-07-2009, 03:38 AM
GBW
AudiWorld Super User

Default "has" is a key word....

frankly, I don't disagree with many of the issues that have been raised, and I understand that there have been efforts to raise them in an appropriate manner that have not been addressed as they should have been.

I think a key word is "has" We have an opportunity with new blood at the national and local chapter levels for real change and I'd like to give these folks a chance to make this the club we want it to be; give them the chance to "handle" it without consistent public harassment from a few members under the guise of the "court of public opinion"

This isn't saying we need to bury our heads in the sand and ignore what's wrong and hope it goes away. We know that won't change anything. If the schanigans continue (and they have occurred), then there is no choice but to continue to raise these issues publicly. But I'd like to point out there is a fine line between raising issues in a professional manner, and lashing out with insults and attacks...people who do that tend to lose credibility and broad support.

I've been to many NAAC and NEQ events, and I've been impressed with how the events have been run, what I've learned, and the quality of the people I've met. There is no doubt that the organizations and people are top notch. They are very passionate about the club...but sometimes passion is a double edged sword and leads to unintended results.

I really don't wish to get into a public debate on this (I don't believe this is the place), but I did wish to acknowledge a post that I saw was positive in nature. This could in turn help mend relations, and be a starting point to take advantage of the new leadership to address some lingering issues that do need to get addressed. It will take time, and I'd love to see positive professional comments and efforts applied towards the future of the club...I believe that will go a long way towards getting the change we deserve.

We need to work towards the future and we have a new opportunity at this time.

Regards, Gordon