Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Car shipment tracking number

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 07:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car shipment tracking number

Does anybody know how long it takes for Audi so send the tracking numbers once you do the drop-off?

thanks
Old 10-18-2014, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wiseguy67
Does anybody know how long it takes for Audi so send the tracking numbers once you do the drop-off?

thanks
They won't send it to you automatically, that was my experience. I asked both Audi ED and Log in Out (via email) for the information after about 10 working days. Received it promptly within a day or two.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks. My shipping company is BLG Logistics. Have emailed them.

Perhaps will try Audi ED if I dont hear from them. thanks!
Old 10-19-2014, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks. My shipping company is BLG Logistics. Have emailed them.

Perhaps will try Audi ED if I dont hear from them. thanks!
Last year, Audi ED told me a company called IFF was involved in importing my Q5 to the US. Below is their first email to me. Later, they told me which vessel and ETA. If they are still the importer, try contacting them at either audi@iffusa.com or sandra.cartledge@iffusa.com.

E-mail from Sandra Cartledge:

We are working in conjunction with Audi and BLG Logistics in the transport of your Audi vehicle.
Please see attached information. Additional updates will follow in the progress of the transport of your vehicle. For any questions or concerns, please contact us at any time.

Sincerely,

Best regards,

Sandra Cartledge
European Delivery Program

IFF, Inc. (International Freight Forwarders)
WCA / APLN / CGLN / IGLN / AWS Member
Tel: 1-800-288-7139 Ext. 131
Direct: (678) 244-3331
Fax: (404) 209-6741
IFF INC Your International Freight Forwarder
Old 10-19-2014, 08:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Q5forWife
Last year, Audi ED told me a company called IFF was involved in importing my Q5 to the US. Below is their first email to me. Later, they told me which vessel and ETA. If they are still the importer, try contacting them at either audi@iffusa.com or sandra.cartledge@iffusa.com.

E-mail from Sandra Cartledge:

We are working in conjunction with Audi and BLG Logistics in the transport of your Audi vehicle.
Please see attached information. Additional updates will follow in the progress of the transport of your vehicle. For any questions or concerns, please contact us at any time.

Sincerely,

Best regards,

Sandra Cartledge
European Delivery Program

IFF, Inc. (International Freight Forwarders)
WCA / APLN / CGLN / IGLN / AWS Member
Tel: 1-800-288-7139 Ext. 131
Direct: (678) 244-3331
Fax: (404) 209-6741
IFF INC Your International Freight Forwarder
Thanks for the pointer. Will follow-up.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

My good friend Bootguy post this on Bimmerfest regarding tracing his car from his late ED

Originally Posted by boothguy
I swore I wasn't going to get sucked in to the whole 'Where's the ship right now, this minute?" thing again this time. Thus far, not off to a great start.

It started off innocently enough. A simple e-mail to Kathrin Gaugele, who runs the Log In Out office at the Munich airport, asking her to let me know when the car was consigned to a vessel. She replied right away, saying it was consigned on NYK Line's Virgo Leader, which would be sailing Friday, 9/26 and due in Port Hueneme on 10/24. Very nice - a prompt sailing!

So of course I wasted a significant chunk of time that should have been spent catching up on real work, checking out the Japanese-owned vessel, and even found a couple of things you all might find interesting.

First is a video clip that shows how they get the 5,500 cars on, parked, lashed-down and secure, here:
Four-Wheeled Cargo - Video - NYTimes.com
My car was one of the thousands that they loaded in Bremerhaven yesterday. Identical vessel.

Next is an informative story that talks about a typical voyage - just substitute "BMWs" for "Toyotas", and it'll increase the relevance factor: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/15/au...pagewanted=all
A foot clearance front and rear, and six inches between cars - wow. I'd just hate to be one of the gang spending the day bent over, lashing them to the deck.

So now I'll be plugged-in to Marine Traffic.com's extremely useful website, checking to see where the ship is - during the time it's within range of the on-shore receivers. At least they've recently added an animation that shows the vessel's movement over the past 24 hours. It at least conveys that it's getting somewhere.

It's got to be one of the ugliest vessels afloat; sort of a giant, floating shoebox. But as long as it still fits through the Panama Canal, and doesn't have a mechanical breakdown that causes it to divert to Halifax for a week, as happened to me in '11, who cares?
Old 11-02-2014, 07:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks. Pretty interesting read.

Got an update from Audi on my tracking
Car dropped off in Nice: 10/10
Car shipped from Emden: 10/27
Est. arrival in Hou: 11/13
Old 11-02-2014, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used vesselfinder.com and marinetraffic.com to track the vessel my car was shipped on. Ship's location is shown only when near land tracking stations and not when the ship is out in open seas and tracking is by sattelite.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Picked up the A7 today from the dealer!

Drop off in Nice: 10/10
Pickup in Dallas 11/24
Old 11-25-2014, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Picked up the A7 today from the dealer!

Drop off in Nice: 10/10