Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

CarDave European Delivery plan

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CarDave European Delivery plan

I'm new to the forum but thought I might have some info that would be of interest. I placed an order for a 2015 SQ5 on April 24th through my very knowledgeable local dealer for European delivery (pick up in Ingolstadt). I received confirmation from Audi on May 1st for my delivery/pickup date of July 23rd. As of this moment, pricing has still not been released but my dealer has agreed to only pass along whatever their costs are if the 2015 model goes up (which surely it will do). BTW, the Blackout Package or the various Individual Options would delay delivery for months. That being the case, I went ahead and ordered the 2015 Model SQ5 3.0T Quattro Tiptronic (8RB5CA), Panther Black Crystal Effect paint (H8H8), the Prestige package (WPT), Rear Side Airbags (4X4), Carbon Atlas inlays (5MK), the 21" wheels (PQ8), the Lunar Silver/Black interior (XO), Fine Nappa Seat package (WTP), Supercharged badges (SQS), and Audi Guard Wheel Locks (WL4). I've done European delivery before with BMW (2013 and 2014 Alpina B7s) and look forward to the Audi experience. I highly recommend doing a European delivery experience (available with Mercedes, BMW, and Audi) if you possibly can. FYI, Audi gives you an additional 5% off of MSRP plus one night free hotel and meals, plus insurance, etc. My wife and I will drive the car for almost a month before dropping it off in Madrid on August 20th for shipment back to the states right to our local dealer. Nothing like driving your own car in Europe. Over my last two trips, I put a total of almost 5,000 miles on my two cars. Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, France. And, oh yes, the Autobahns (ran my 2013 Rear Wheel Drive B7 up to its max of 194MPH!!). This trip we'll go to Monte Carlo and Nice for a few days before going on to Spain. I'm very fortunate to have a friend in Spain who owns a 16th century castle which he has graciously offered to us for a week. A real dream come true. It is located an hour north of Barcelona and overlooks the Mediterranean. Beautiful grounds, swimming pool. Ahhh! We will also go to the Galicia area of Spain to spend a week with another friend, travel through Portugal, then back to Madrid. If anyone has an interest, I can post pictures of my new SQ5 when I pick it up. Thanks for allowing me to be part of the forum.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CarDave
I'm new to the forum but thought I might have some info that would be of interest. I placed an order for a 2015 SQ5 on April 24th through my very knowledgeable local dealer for European delivery (pick up in Ingolstadt). I received confirmation from Audi on May 1st for my delivery/pickup date of July 23rd. As of this moment, pricing has still not been released but my dealer has agreed to only pass along whatever their costs are if the 2015 model goes up (which surely it will do). BTW, the Blackout Package or the various Individual Options would delay delivery for months. That being the case, I went ahead and ordered the 2015 Model SQ5 3.0T Quattro Tiptronic (8RB5CA), Panther Black Crystal Effect paint (H8H8), the Prestige package (WPT), Rear Side Airbags (4X4), Carbon Atlas inlays (5MK), the 21" wheels (PQ8), the Lunar Silver/Black interior (XO), Fine Nappa Seat package (WTP), Supercharged badges (SQS), and Audi Guard Wheel Locks (WL4). I've done European delivery before with BMW (2013 and 2014 Alpina B7s) and look forward to the Audi experience. I highly recommend doing a European delivery experience (available with Mercedes, BMW, and Audi) if you possibly can. FYI, Audi gives you an additional 5% off of MSRP plus one night free hotel and meals, plus insurance, etc. My wife and I will drive the car for almost a month before dropping it off in Madrid on August 20th for shipment back to the states right to our local dealer. Nothing like driving your own car in Europe. Over my last two trips, I put a total of almost 5,000 miles on my two cars. Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, France. And, oh yes, the Autobahns (ran my 2013 Rear Wheel Drive B7 up to its max of 194MPH!!). This trip we'll go to Monte Carlo and Nice for a few days before going on to Spain. I'm very fortunate to have a friend in Spain who owns a 16th century castle which he has graciously offered to us for a week. A real dream come true. It is located an hour north of Barcelona and overlooks the Mediterranean. Beautiful grounds, swimming pool. Ahhh! We will also go to the Galicia area of Spain to spend a week with another friend, travel through Portugal, then back to Madrid. If anyone has an interest, I can post pictures of my new SQ5 when I pick it up. Thanks for allowing me to be part of the forum.
Welcome to ED Forum!
I moved your post to a separate thread.
I drop my BMW in Madrid 8 yrs ago. Place hard to find from the street.
We stay in Nice for 3 days, that spend all day in St.Tropez and then sleep in Nimes to ovoid drive for more than 10 hrs. And next day we hit Barcelona and sleep there, and next day drive to Sitges beaches.
Before we drop off our car in Madrid we visited Toledo and Segovia - highly recommended.

Madrid Walking Tapas Tours

Segovia

Toledo

Below Drop off location in Madrid - you can't see it from the street, you have to make a turn and drive forward 100 meters until you will see office on the left.
Attached Images  

Last edited by TIME89; 06-11-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you for the suggestions and information. Are BMW and Audi drop-offs at the same location in Madrid?

This will be our third European driving tour. In 2012 I picked up a new 2013 BMW ALPINA B7 and drove it 1700 miles over a period of two weeks visiting Austria, Verona and Lucca Italy, and Bavaria before dropping it off in Germany to be shipped to the states. Last summer my friends at ALPINA provided me an Alpina B5 BiTurbo for three weeks. We spent a week in Tuscany, a week on the Almalfi coast, and almost a week in St. Moritz before returning the car to ALPINA.

We look forward to this upcoming month-long trip. One night in Como, Italy; three nights in Nice; a week in our friend's castle north of Barcelona; a week in Galicia; then ten days wandering around Portugal and the mid-area of Spain before dropping the car off in Madrid. I have read a number of your very helpful postings. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thank you for the suggestions and information. Are BMW and Audi drop-offs at the same location in Madrid?

This will be our third European driving tour. In 2012 I picked up a new 2013 BMW ALPINA B7 and drove it 1700 miles over a period of two weeks visiting Austria, Verona and Lucca Italy, and Bavaria before dropping it off in Germany to be shipped to the states. Last summer my friends at ALPINA provided me an Alpina B5 BiTurbo for three weeks. We spent a week in Tuscany, a week on the Almalfi coast, and almost a week in St. Moritz before returning the car to ALPINA.

We look forward to this upcoming month-long trip. One night in Como, Italy; three nights in Nice; a week in our friend's castle north of Barcelona; a week in Galicia; then ten days wandering around Portugal and the mid-area of Spain before dropping the car off in Madrid. I have read a number of your very helpful postings. Keep up the good work.

Yes, BMW and Audi (also Volvo and MBZ) use the same agency for drop of cars and transport them to Port for ship out.
BMW drop London in Madrid locations in 2007/2008.

Yours?

Last edited by TIME89; 06-15-2014 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not mine. Both my 2013 (rear wheel drive) and 2014 (xDrive) were Azurite Black metallic with the Ivory White and Black Napa leather interior. The Alpina Blue color was just too blue for my taste. The B5 BiTurbo that Alpina loaned me last summer was Alpina Blue but was in the matte finish. It was head-turning.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I would like to thank you for the picture and map for the Madrid drop off location. With your help, we found it with no problem. Dropped our car off there on August 20, car is presently on the Mermaid Ace and is scheduled to arrive in Houston on Sept 23.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I would like to thank you for the picture and map for the Madrid drop off location. With your help, we found it with no problem. Dropped our car off there on August 20, car is presently on the Mermaid Ace and is scheduled to arrive in Houston on Sept 23.
Congratulation.
If you don't mind - post few pics from your trip. Thanks.