Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Delivery of 2016 A6 in four days

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Delivery of 2016 A6 in four days

Audi NA has completed processing of the 2016 A6 for delivery at Ingolstadt on June 29.

Reposted from European Delivery Tips:

My 2016 Audi A6 ($77,000) was reserved for a June 29 delivery in Neckarsulm. Airfare was purchased for four of us in Lufthansa Business for June 27 to land in Frankfurt. Three days ago I was notified that the A6 had been built on June 2, but there were no delivery slots available in Neckarsulm until mid-July. I could take delivery in Ingolstadt, but I would have to change my flights to go to Munich instead of Frankfurt. My airfare for four of us was $12,000 to Frankfurt. If I changed the destination to Munich, the airfare would be $32,000, a difference of $20,000 and a penalty of $1,800 for a total charge of $21,800. This is unacceptable. Audi is trying to resolve the situation, but Germans are pretty stubborn. Resolution is expected tomorrow. We will see.
I booked the flights after the delivery date was confirmed. They think I should wait until the A6 is built to book flights. The main reason it is necessary to book flights before the A6 is built is the price. If I booked after the car was built, the cost for Business for 4 on Lufthansa from Newark to Munich is $32,000, which is ludicrous. If Audi pays, I will fly from Frankfurt to Munich. If I have to pay, I would rent Europcar for a day for about $150, and drive to Ingolstadt. Audi may pick us up at FRA and drive us to Ingolstadt. Our flight to FRA arrives at 7:45 am, so there be sufficient time to fly or drive to Munich/Ingolstadt. I could also cancel delivery and have it sent to the US, and rent a car for the trip. I should find out today.

Here is the letter I sent to European Delivery:

I did not receive a call from you yesterday as you had promised. At this point I have no idea how we are going to get from Frankfurt to Munich on June 28 with our two grandchildren in tow. My original request in April was for delivery in Neckarsulm and our travel plans have used that location and date. Our travel itinerary is quite extensive, visiting Germany, Netherlands, France, Switzerland, and Italy.

I have filled out the CIF the best I can, not knowing when or how we will get to Munich Airport. This is not turning out to be the experience I have expected from Audi. Perhaps you can either arrange for delivery in Neckarsulm on June 29, or make arrangements to allow us to get to Munich or Ingolstadt on that date. We will need to drive from Frankfurt or Ingolstadt to Königstein on June 29 after delivery for a booked hotel.

I never had these problems with European Delivery from BMW on our previous six BMW purchases with European Delivery (1984, 1991, 1994, 1996, 2006, and 2010).

Here is the reply from Audi:

Your delivery has been confirmed on June 29th at 10am in Ingolstadt. We have also booked two rooms for you at the Hilton Hotel. I will cover both because of the complications with your delivery. Also, unfortunately there are no factory tours available in Ingolstadt either. If you are to be in Neckarsulm or Ingolstadt on another day, I can have my colleague check whether there are availabilities. Please let me know soon.

Also, once you book your flight to Munich, let me know the arrival information as well as the cost and I can get you reimbursed and have a shuttle arranged to pick you up.

I received a letter from Stephanie at European Delivery:

Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro
Mythos Black Metallic with Black Interior Commission
Hilton Munich Airport Hotel
Two-Room/One-Night complimentary reservation for Ephraim Fithian
June 29, 2015 Pick-up: 7:30 AM
Audi chauffeur will greet you in the lobby of the Hilton Munich Airport Hotel and drive you to the factory tours at the Audi Forum Ingolstadt.
Audi Forum Ingolstadt, Germany, Customer Center June 29, 2015
Vehicle Delivery: 11:00 AM
Factory Tour: 9:00 – 10:00 AM
(Immediately after the factory tour, someone will meet you in the lobby of the delivery building at the Audi Forum to discuss the paperwork before the vehicle Delivery)
Visitation to the Mobile Museum is available until 6:00 PM 60 Days of Insurance and registration requested

Audi NA has been very generous to make up for the scheduling error. Here is the compensation they have offered.

Free Maintenance ($900)
Free Insurance for 60 days ($590)
Free Private Factory Tour for 4 ($200)
Free Audi Gift Cards ($600)
Free Airfare from Frankfurt to Munich for 4 ($850)
Free loaner when we return until new car arrives 60 days x $59 ($3540)
Total Value at least $6,680.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a safe and enjoyable trip. Post pictures of your A6
Old 06-28-2015, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

It's a morning in Germany! Have a nice delivery day!
Old 08-08-2015, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

The trip was great and everything went well. I dropped off the A6 in Frankfurt on July 31 and we flew back on August 1. Two days ago we picked up a loaner from our dealer. This was a new A3 and is very nice. Next week it will be replaced with an A7, the manager's car. We can keep this until the A6 arrives in about 6 weeks. It was very nice of the dealer to do this.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice to hear you had a great trip! And good to hear Audi NA and your dealer really took care of you for the scheduling mistake. Post some pictures when you get a chance.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Q5forWife
Nice to hear you had a great trip! And good to hear Audi NA and your dealer really took care of you for the scheduling mistake. Post some pictures when you get a chance.
Blog:

http://www.fithians.com/MBP/Europe_2015
Old 09-14-2015, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Delivered from Germany

Our A6 arrived at the dealer on Sept 10, after docking in Davisville on Sept 2. Total time from drop-off was 41 days, much less than I expected. The dealer was Wynnewood Audi in PA, and the sales person was Matt Panzarella, who is the best sales person I have ever dealt with. You can reach him at (610) 649-3200 x604, or at mpanzarella@audiwynnewood.com . Audi of NA, Euro Delivery Dept was also exceptional in their performance. There was a scape on the bumper, which Matt offered to repair for free, along with Audi Care, and inspections.

We picked it up on Sept 11 and drove to Harrisburg (about 90 miles) and on Sept 13 to Allentown (about 80 miles) and used about 3/8 of a tank to do it. At the conclusion of the Harrisburg-Allentown leg, traveling at 7mph over the limit, the mileage was just under 38 mpg, which is exceptional. The active cruise control worked fine as did the lane assist. Radio reception was stellar, much better than my S5, and the B&O system even makes AM radio sound good. This is my wife's car, so no sport suspension, with stock 18" wheels, and she just loves moving up from her old BMW 535i. She loves the comfort seats with air and massage, and the way it rides. It is very quiet and it will be difficult to keep it near the speed limit. It loved 130 mph in Germany, but I can't do that here. Speedometer is off by about 4%.

I hope the next model of S5 will be available with a manual tranny in two years.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Fithian
can't open (at work)
Old 09-16-2015, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
can't open (at work)
try this link

Last edited by TIME89; 09-16-2015 at 08:03 AM.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Fithian
try