Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Dropoff to on-ship time?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropoff to on-ship time?

What are folks seeing as turn time from when BLG shows the car dropped off until they show it on a ship? What's the next status in the JCars portal after "Gate in Drop off"?

...been a week so far for me and BLG just shows it dropped off in Frankfurt.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BLG was never accurate for me. Once I received the name of the ship the car was on and the ship date from the Audi Euro Delivery team, I tracked the ship on marine tracking app and watched it cross the Atlantic. I dropped it off on July 23rd in Zurich and it left Emden on August 10th.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Chilt34786
BLG was never accurate for me. Once I received the name of the ship the car was on and the ship date from the Audi Euro Delivery team, I tracked the ship on marine tracking app and watched it cross the Atlantic. I dropped it off on July 23rd in Zurich and it left Emden on August 10th.
Thanks! So it sounds like I should ping the ED email address for tracking info? Did your BLG tracker ever show anything or was it just way behind or ?
Old 06-17-2014, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

As of today, AoA ED folks say my car left port yesterday destined for Houston on July 7th. Still trying to get the vessel name, and BLG still showing only that car was dropped off in Frankfurt
Old 06-17-2014, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry, I mentioned this in another thread.

Last year when I did my ED, I talked to a Sandra Cartledge of IFF, Inc. (International Freight Forwarders) regarding what vessel my car was going to be loaded. I was told IFF works in conjunction with BLG to ship the ED cars to the US. If IFF is still involved with the Audi ED program, you can try e-mailing her at sandra.cartledge@iffusa.com.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Q5forWife
If IFF is still involved with the Audi ED program, you can try e-mailing her.
Thanks! I'll probably drop a line to the lady at BLG who helped me originally, but she seemed to say then that data updates were in Audi's hands not hers. I continue to press AoA on the question of what the proper way for a customer to track their car is... we'll see.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
Thanks! I'll probably drop a line to the lady at BLG who helped me originally, but she seemed to say then that data updates were in Audi's hands not hers. I continue to press AoA on the question of what the proper way for a customer to track their car is... we'll see.
AoA says there are "problems currently" with the BLG system (http://jcars.blg.de/wps/portal/extern/exportinfo), but they're willing to keep checking for me (seems to take 2 business days, so Monday inquiry gets response Wednesday).

BLG folks in Germany were great, quickly forwarded email to Audi Germany who gave me the "official" IFF email address (audi@iffusa.com) but no response yet from that one.

AoA got me the ship name (Tranquil Ace) so I'm happily tracking via http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/home
at least for now. That site suggests AoA's "left port yesterday" translates into "was loaded on ship yesterday".

Still as a heads-up, that means a dropoff in Frankfurt on 30-May didn't leave Emden until 18-June!
Old 06-21-2014, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
BLG folks in Germany were great, quickly forwarded email to Audi Germany who gave me the "official" IFF email address (audi@iffusa.com) but no response yet from that one.
I did get a response from IFF yesterday, with the same basic information - ship name, ESTIMATED departure from Emden and ESTIMATED arrival in Houston. It doesn't seem IFF can provide much more than that, so I'm not sure it's generally worth chasing them down.

So my timeline is:
2014-05-30: Dropoff in Frankfurt
2014-06-16: Loaded on ship in Emden
2014-06-18: Ship departs Emden
2014-06-19: Ship drops off free ASI tracking sites