Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

European Delivery Price Negotiation

Old 04-11-2015, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MbaGsb98
Do the vehicles come out of allocation? If not I would suspect 7 or even 8% is possible. (That would still leave the dealer with 1-2% profit after the 3% Audi contribution)
I knew for sure for BMW not, but Audi never openly discuss their ED pricing strategy
Old 05-11-2015, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fithian
For 2015, the ED discount is 5%. The dealer covers 2%, Audi 3%. When negotiating, it is good to start at 5% and then see what they can do beyond that. I am currently negotiating with five dealers in my area. The one nearest me has terrible service, and they won't budge on the 5%. An older dealer with a new showroom went to 5.5% and a dealer that will be building a new showroom is at 6%. Audi lets dealers collect VAT if they wish; some do in cash, some hold a check, and some don't collect VAT at all. Some give free inspection and emissions, some just one, some none. Allowance for trade-in varies by as much as 15%. All will allow trade-in to occur after new Audi arrives in the US. No Audi Club discount. Loyalty discount does apply for an Audi or other German car. Most require a deposit of $1000, some none.
Is there any source that confirms that Audi indeed covers 3% of the ED discount?
Old 05-12-2015, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Lpod
Is there any source that confirms that Audi indeed covers 3% of the ED discount?
Read one post above yours.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by TIME89
Read one post above yours.
Are you referring to the post quoted in my post? I was replying to that. That's just another one of us saying that Audi covers 3%. When negotiating with a dealer that's not credible enough.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Lpod
Are you referring to the post quoted in my post? I was replying to that. That's just another one of us saying that Audi covers 3%. When negotiating with a dealer that's not credible enough.
Audi never openly discuss their ED pricing strategy

Start with 5% and work your way up.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was able to get 5% + loyalty. Not a penny more.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was offered and accepted 6% discount off MSRP, and free inspections. Trade-in was priced fairly and trade-in will be accepted after the Audi arrives in the US. ED also sent me a $100 gift card for use in the Audi shop. The A6 will be built the week of May 25.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:41 PM
TTG
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would love to hear your experience with Audi's ED compared to BMW.

There isn't a program that comes even close to BMWs ED IMO. Audi doesn't mark up their cars as much as BMW or set different invoice prices for their Euro delivery.

Also since BMWs ED non M cars do not come out of dealer allocation, dealers don't mind giving them away at ED invoice + small profit which make them great deals.

ED is pretty much the only way to buy a BMW...... You can walk into a Audi dealer and get 5% off of MSRP without needing to do ED, which makes ED pointless unless someone is wanting to drive their car around Europe.

I've done many EDs with BMW and could not be happier.

Last edited by TTG; 05-23-2015 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by TTG
I would love to hear your experience with Audi's ED compared to BMW.

There isn't a program that comes even close to BMWs ED IMO. Audi doesn't mark up their cars as much as BMW or set different invoice prices for their Euro delivery.

Do you home work - Volvo offer up to 10% discount, 2 free round trip plane tickets, one night hotel, free dinner at factory.

Old 05-24-2015, 12:56 PM
TTG
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TIME89
Do you home work - Volvo offer up to 10% discount, 2 free round trip plane tickets, one night hotel, free dinner at factory.

Please Take a look at my Avatar..... Big volvo freak in here and a ED veteran.

You can easily get Volvo's euro discount and plus on a state side delivered car. I've owned many volvos and always got huge discounts without needing to do ED. Infact most Volvo dealers will offer 10% plus discount so that they don't have to go through the hassle of ED paperwork.

BMW still wins IMO as their ED invoice is close to 15% less than US MSRP and of course 2nd lease payment is waived for lease customers. I guess I should of been more clear. You get the best ED discount t with BMW

And my question was to Fithian as he has done both BMW and Audi EDs. I just wanted to hear his experience.

To me there is nothing better than picking up your brand new car at its birth place.

Last edited by TTG; 05-24-2015 at 01:31 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: European Delivery Price Negotiation