Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

European Delivery Price Negotiation

Old 02-08-2016, 02:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put in my order for 2017 Q7 ED.

My deal: usual 5% discount off MSRP (including destination charge, not sure if that was a mistake on their part), $500 loyalty, free Audicare included, free all-weather floor mats, and any applicable incentives available at time of payment for car (unlikely any will be available).
Old 02-15-2016, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NPKR
Put in my order for 2017 Q7 ED.

My deal: usual 5% discount off MSRP (including destination charge, not sure if that was a mistake on their part), $500 loyalty, free Audicare included, free all-weather floor mats, and any applicable incentives available at time of payment for car (unlikely any will be available).
How far out is your delivery date?
Old 02-15-2016, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 911 Crazy
How far out is your delivery date?
Don't have a confirmed date yet but asking for June 20
Old 02-15-2016, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NPKR
Don't have a confirmed date yet but asking for June 20
Very jealous for sure. Make sure to start a thread about your adventure when all is done!
Old 02-23-2017, 10:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

i been looking into european delivery for an audi for the last couple of weeks now, and i can't wrap my head around how this is worth it. i've done it for BMW and their % off the invoice price makes it significantly much more worthwhile.

from what i've read for audi, the ED price is simply ~5% off the MSRP. Wouldn't you be able to get a bigger discount by negotiating with the dealer and buying it stateside (and also avoid the 3 month wait) ? Am i missing something?
Old 02-24-2017, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ahyiah
i been looking into european delivery for an audi for the last couple of weeks now, and i can't wrap my head around how this is worth it. i've done it for BMW and their % off the invoice price makes it significantly much more worthwhile.

from what i've read for audi, the ED price is simply ~5% off the MSRP. Wouldn't you be able to get a bigger discount by negotiating with the dealer and buying it stateside (and also avoid the 3 month wait) ? Am i missing something?
Maybe money wise this is not worth, but experience with your trip in your own car thru European countries.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

why couldn't i just take the money i saved buying stateside and fund my own european trip? the only difference is not going to audi headquarters but if they have some sort of tour, i am betting i could pay for that on my own as well.

apologies if i am coming off as ungrateful, i think these programs are great but compared to the one from bmw, i am not understanding how this is beneficial program.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

European delivery is not about saving money. In the old days I knew people who would do Euro delivery and fly into Munich in the morning, do delivery, drop off same day, and then fly home that evening. Just to same money.

Instead its about your car and driving in Europe. All about the experience....

Your point is valid and while we've done Euro delivery a couple time, we've also rented some great cars in Europe and had a blast driving around. In some ways renting is better as you don't have to worry about where to park, rock chips, keeping it below 4K RPMs.

Last year we rented a Mercedes E63 AMG in Munich for $90 a day. Spend 10 days driving around and loved every minute of it
Old 03-01-2017, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

I agree with the posters who say that if your only aim in doing an ED is to save money, then you should be able to get (or even beat) the 5% discount offered in the ED package. Like you, I too have done an ED on a BMW and the experience of picking up one's own car in Europe and driving around is why I have done ED in the past and will do so in the future. I try to combine the ED with a planned family vacation, so I know that I will be paying for the airfare, hotels and meals anyway. Throwing ED into the picture is just gravy. But if your intention is just to go to Germany to pick up the car, then of course you would be "financially" be better off going down a different path.

To each one, his or her own! There is no right or wrong answer.

CarSwami
Old 03-02-2017, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

I did the European Delivery because I wanted to drive on the Autobahn, visit a friend in Germany and see more of Germany. The personal factory tour at Neckarsulm pretty much made the whole delivery experience. The quality of all the roads in Germany are unbelievable, even the country roads.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: European Delivery Price Negotiation