Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Just Started at the ED process for my 2015 S5

Old 04-24-2014, 07:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Started at the ED process for my 2015 S5

I officially placed my order last Saturday. From my dealers notes it looks like the ordering guide came in around 4/17. I will try to keep a running log about how things are proceeding and the timing, but so far the word from the factory is that my dates are fine.

Order Date: 4/19
Audi Packet Arrival:
Order Delivery Confirmation Date:
Desired Delivery Date: 8/12
Actual Delivery Date:
Drop Off Location: (tbd in Germany)
Drop off Date: 8/19 or 8/20
Ship to: California, Bay Area
Container Ship Start Date:
Container Ship Port of Entry:
Additional Transports:

Are there any other dates I should track for people? Also anyone know of a great garage in the Marais neighborhood in Paris. I don't really want to park my new toy on the street if I don't have to.

Thanks.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We drove a rental into Paris about 10 yrs ago - Paris traffic is brutal. I'd take a train, you don't need a car in Paris. Good Luck!
Old 04-25-2014, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Congratulation!
What countries you plan to visit?
Old 04-25-2014, 11:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HerrK
We drove a rental into Paris about 10 yrs ago - Paris traffic is brutal. I'd take a train, you don't need a car in Paris. Good Luck!
I agree 1000%. Driving through the streets of Paris with a rental car was the scariest experience ever. Especially around the Arc de Triomphe. And judging by the graffiti everywhere I wouldn't feel safe parking my bright new shiny GERMAN car anywhere downtown.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Gluhwein
I agree 1000%. Driving through the streets of Paris with a rental car was the scariest experience ever. Especially around the Arc de Triomphe. And judging by the graffiti everywhere I wouldn't feel safe parking my bright new shiny GERMAN car anywhere downtown.
LOL, yeah driving through the Arc de Triomphe circle was the scariest part for my wife. It's like 7 rows wide with no demarcations, and intersections from every direction. Cars flow in and out of the circle like it was nothing. We were all screaming as we were going through it!!!

I would find a hotel with a private parking garage, then take the Metro for exploring the city. We stayed at "Adagio Paris Tour Eiffel" last year. It was nothing to rave about, but it was clean with a pretty convenient location. It was about a 5-10 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower and the nearest Metro station. It was a little over $200 per night for a 1-bed studio. I believe parking was around $20 per night. Good luck.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just Germany and France. I have about 10 days total.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

We stayed at the Marriott on the Champs Elysees last summer and parked our new A6 in their garage. Was very safe. The drive from Versailles back to the city was white knuckled as the motorcycles were passing between cars at speed. Had to turn in mirrors so they would not get clipped. On drive from Munich to Paris, stayed one night in Strasbourg. Cour du Corbeau hotel is incredible. Wish we had stayed for 2 nights. Highly recommend it.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the garage info. That's pretty close to where we are staying. I will check out the other hotel.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Welcome Package Update

Originally Posted by Dgrant69
I officially placed my order last Saturday. From my dealers notes it looks like the ordering guide came in around 4/17. I will try to keep a running log about how things are proceeding and the timing, but so far the word from the factory is that my dates are fine.

Order Date: 4/19
Audi Packet Arrival: 5/13 - Update
Order Delivery Confirmation Date:
Desired Delivery Date: 8/12
Actual Delivery Date:
Drop Off Location: (tbd in Germany)
Drop off Date: 8/19 or 8/20
Ship to: California, Bay Area
Container Ship Start Date:
Container Ship Port of Entry:
Additional Transports:

Are there any other dates I should track for people? Also anyone know of a great garage in the Marais neighborhood in Paris. I don't really want to park my new toy on the street if I don't have to.

Thanks.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I'll be in Ingolstadt at the same time. Taking delivery of an A7 on 8/11 (requested) and then will travel through Austria for the week.

Did the welcome package arrive via UPS? Received a UPS sticker on the door today and was wondering it was.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just Started at the ED process for my 2015 S5