Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Just Started at the ED process for my 2015 S5

Old 05-13-2014, 06:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, UPS next day air. Congrats on the A7.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Can you give us any negotiation details? Did you start with the invoice price less 5% for European Delivery and work from there? With my BMW I took the ED invoice price and added $750 to get my deal. Was wondering if Audi works that way too.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gluhwein
Can you give us any negotiation details? Did you start with the invoice price less 5% for European Delivery and work from there? With my BMW I took the ED invoice price and added $750 to get my deal. Was wondering if Audi works that way too.
NO, Audi do not work the way BMW work with ED invoice +$XXX
5% out MSRP price.
But some user reported that they get more than 5% - it's all depend on your negotiation skills.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by TIME89
But some user reported that they get more than 5% - it's all depend on your negotiation skills.
...and the vehicle! I don't claim to be a particularly good negotiator but on an "S" car, my salesguy said that as a good long-term customer they would be willing to take MSRP on a non-ED car. A walk-in would pay a premium over MSRP. For an "RS" it would be worse yet.

Point only being that the scarcity of the car absolutely does factor into what you will likely be able to negotiate.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
...and the vehicle! I don't claim to be a particularly good negotiator but on an "S" car, my salesguy said that as a good long-term customer they would be willing to take MSRP on a non-ED car. A walk-in would pay a premium over MSRP. For an "RS" it would be worse yet.

Point only being that the scarcity of the car absolutely does factor into what you will likely be able to negotiate.
You mean "Invoice" and not "MSRP", right? I'm pretty sure the dealerships wouldn't be able to get away with charging more than the Audi MSRP sticker price. Hahah.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by alatsacto
You mean "Invoice" and not "MSRP", right? I'm pretty sure the dealerships wouldn't be able to get away with charging more than the Audi MSRP sticker price. Hahah.
You almost scared me away from even looking at Audi. If the starting point is MSRP and you work up from there.....Fuggitaboutit.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

They treat RS models as BMW treat M - no ED discount.

Last edited by TIME89; 05-14-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

No, I mean MSRP

This is from AUDI ED Web site:

The following models are available through the European Delivery Program and qualify for the recommended MSRP* discount, with exception of the R8 and all RS models. The final price is determined by the dealer.

A3 Sedan --> up to 5% off of MSRP
A4 Sedan/allroad --> up to 5% off of MSRP
S4 Sedan --> up to 5% off of MSRP
A5 Coupe/Cabriolet --> up to 5% off of MSRP
S5 Coupe/Cabriolet --> up to 5% off of MSRP
A6/A6 TDI --> up to 5% off of MSRP
S6 Sedan --> up to 5% off of MSRP
A7/A7 TDI --> up to 5% off of MSRP
S7 Sportback --> up to 5% off of MSRP
A8/A8L/A8 TDI --> up to 5% off of MSRP
S8 Sedan --> up to 5% off of MSRP
Q5/Q5 Hybrid/Q5 TDI --> up to 5% off of MSRP
SQ5 --> up to 5% off of MSRP
Q7/Q7 TDI --> up to 5% off of MSRP
R8/R8 Spyder* --> Do not qualify for discount
All RS Models --> Do not qualify for discount

The Audi R8 is available for delivery at our exclusive Audi Forum Neckarsulm.

*MSRP excludes taxes, title/documentary fees, registration, tags, Audi Dealer prep, labor and installation charges, insurance, optional equipment and accessories, certificate of compliance and non-compliance fees and finance charges.

Last edited by TIME89; 05-14-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry for the confusion, my question was in response to this comment.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

No, I mean MSRP.

Look around when any new S car comes out - there absolutely is a "market price adjustment" or whatever the dealer wants to call it. I think my dealer gets 3? allocations a year for the S6. Heck, look at any rare car and you'll find the same - new Corvette ZR1, Z06 when they were first out.

As TIME89 points out, Audi's Invoice vs MSRP is more "real" than many makes, so 5% off MSRP is often "better" than "invoice" pricing - and for a "common" car you may well be able to negotiate beyond that.

Now as we head into the 3rd year of the C7 S6, it certainly may be that prices come down. My dealer said most of his S6 sales were for 2012 cars as people had been waiting for a new S6 for quite some time. Nonetheless he's apparently still able to get a premium for the S6 and S7.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just Started at the ED process for my 2015 S5