Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Pickup Location Neckarsulm?

Old 01-03-2015, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pickup Location Neckarsulm?

Hi All,

New to the list and I may have many questions mostly because my trip will be complicated by twin toddlers who will be 2 3/4 years old by the time we get to Germany. My first question is can I do a pickup in Neckarsulm or is that reserved only for R8 pickups? The reason for Neckarsulm is it's proximity to Frankfurt and a friend in Germany we will visit. We also will be traveling up to Denmark to visit friends and family and along the way friends in Berlin. Thanks in advance.

ps. We will be picking up an S3
Old 01-03-2015, 07:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think only Audi can answer this for you. No matter what we think we know, Audi may have changed the program this year or may be more or less flexible than before.

You really would be missing a great experience by not going through the Ingolstadt delivery. We went directly from Ingolstadt to our friends outside Frankfurt and it was only a few hours drive. Maybe 3 hrs.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My biggest challenge is going to be managing the twins even with the help of my wife. With that said and googling several times, I have not been able to determine if one pickup location is better than another. Certainly if you have never been to Munich and you want to drive south I can see why you would choose Inglostadt. Seems like Neckarsulm has a fine restaurant and espresso bar. It also looks like many of the cars are built in Neckarsulm so the factory tour should be good too. I am not sure how responsive they are but I can send an email to europeandeliveryprogram@audi.com and see what they say.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

When we were planning our ED on a 2014 SQ5 in October 2013, there was an issue with locking down a particular delivery date due to scheduling availability. When I couldn't get the date I wanted, it was either the ED department or AoA who offered me the option of taking delivery in Neckarsulm. The only major issue was we had to find our own transportation to Neckarsulm as opposed to them picking us up from Munich for the Ingolstadt delivery. I actually sort of liked the idea because we could potentially see the R8 being built plus it offered us the opportunity to also stop by Stuttgart Beer Festival in addition to Munich's Oktoberfest. But at the end of the day, we stuck with Ingolstadt because finding transportation for 6 people and 10+ luggages was not feasible. I was able to work with Audi for them to pickup all 6 of us and our luggage, plus provide my entire group with all the perks of delivery day (tour, food, etc).

As "gforaker" stated, it's hard to say if what happened in the past is still relevant today or for the dates you may want. When I dealt with Audi, they were pretty flexible with my plans. At the end, they said they were willing to try to squeeze me in on the date I originally wanted, but I ended up shifting my plans around a little because the factory tour was closed on that original day I wanted (the previous day Thursday was a National holiday but they also unofficially closed the factory that Friday as well). My advice would be to work directly with AoA and/or the ED department, you guys should be able to work something out to accommodate your plans.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

We have decided we will pickup in Inglostadt after all mostly because we can do a direct flight. A direct flight is very attractive when you have 2 year old twins in tow. It still would be interesting to know the difference but for now Inglostadt is the destination. We put in the order for the S3 today. Thanks all, for the input!
Old 01-21-2015, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In 2012 at the time of my S5 delivery in Ingolstadt, it was not possible to schedule a pickup in Neckarsulm, only R8's could be picked up there. We drove to Belgium, Netherlands, Stuttgart, and Neckarsulm to view the Forum there. It is a very nice place to take delivery. Evidently, the rules have changed, and it is now possible to pick up any model in Neckarsulm. The buyer would fly into Frankfurt and be transported to Neckarsulm for delivery. Not sure about the free hotel night, if and where. We stayed at a Hilton Garden inn in Stuttgart, near the Merc factory. Cheap and ok.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For Neckarsulm deliveries, Audi provides transportation from FRA to Neckarsulm to the Nestor Hotel or to the Forum. Free taxi is available from Nestor Hotel to the Forum the next day. Food, hotel, and Factory Tour for all in the party. We have four.

Our scheduled delivery at Neckarsulm was moved to Ingolstadt. Audi picked up the airfare from FRA to MUC, as well as lot of other amenities. In all, we saved $14000 on European Delivery of an A6.

Last edited by Fithian; 06-25-2015 at 01:39 PM.